Kenvir Kentucky ATV Club INC. Forum

Kenvir Kentucky ATV Club INC. Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy 4th Y'all

This was always such a good day when I was growing up.I knew for sure there was going to be ice cream,watermelon and canaloupe.We didn't have many fireworks but there was always firecrackers and sparklers.We have had people in the neighborhood shooting off fireworks all week.Last night was exceptionally pretty in the sky.We are going tonight to Patriot Park in Pigeon Forge to see the stage entertainment of John Anderson and also one of my all time favorite rock and roll bands The Lovin' Spoonful.They use to shoot the fireworks directly over the park but the falling debree was getting to be too much.I got hit one year on the upper leg while I was sitting down from a falling piece.Now they shoot them from a hill on the other side of the river but the park is still one of the best places to watch.

Re: Happy 4th Y'all

Hi Brenda....little late with my post for the 4th, but like you I have some good memories of the holiday as a child. I don't know how Mom & Dad always managed it moneywise, but we always had a watermelon & if times weren't too bad we had ice cream & if we were lucky we had the sparklers & fire crackers. I bought sparklers this year, but I'll save them for some evening when the grandkids are here. I went to a party at a neighbors & she gave us sparklers to light as we ended the evening. It had cooled down by then & we were all outside playing games. The best fun was the water balloons. Hope everyone is staying cool. Next week is suppose to see some cooler temps. I don't care they have rain in the forecast as well. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Re: Happy 4th Y'all

Hello Annette,when I stayed at my sister Charlotte's in Ludlow,Kentucky I attended the Church Of The Nazarene.They had a great youth program there.We would have a teen gathering at night at the preachers house or a member of the congregation.I thought that was the greatest thing in the world,roasting marshmellows and hot dogs.You know how we would get dressed up for church,the first time we had the water balloon throw I didn't want to get wet,then it turned into great fun because we could dry off with towels and the campfire would dry our clothes.These days you have to push the simple fun onto young people and they are always surprised that they enjoyed the event.