Kenvir Kentucky ATV Club INC. Forum

Kenvir Kentucky ATV Club INC. Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Evarts High School Alumni Association Reunion

We had an amazing time in Evarts at the reunion.The festival on the street was very appealing and inviting to all people.We bought from the vendors everything from framed photos of miners to an amusing ball cap with a witty saying on the front.It was great walking through Evarts and remembering where the five and ten cent store was that we purchased our first lipstick or hairbow,the first time we were kissed at the Roslyn Theatre,playing the jukebox at Bills' restaurant.We talked about walking from the skating rink across the bridge into town and then walking all the way to Kenvir.I particularily remember buying my first umbrella at Fuller's.Oh ! and to be able to walk down the halls of Evarts High School one more time.When I started there ,it was outside trailers for additional class rooms and the new sections were non existant.Some one said to me"This gym was the biggest place many of us had ever been in" when we started high school"it was our whole world".For the first time in many years the dance consisted or mostly oldies rock and roll instead of someones idea that country music was what we listened to at the school dances and proms and that made all us us very happy !Another thing a person said to me with a big smile and laugh was " No amount of paint can cover the memories that are in the lockers and on the walls of the school hallways " . Thank you Benny Coleman and associates,Thank you Ross Bailey and the rest of the band to have made it truly worthwhile to come hundreds of miles to see our old friends and old stomping grounds and remember all of that when it was in it's glory.

Re: Evarts High School Alumni Association Reunion

I wish I had been there. I really miss you all.

Re: Evarts High School Alumni Association Reunion

Getting back to the EHS gym on Saturday night was worth the drive from NC. It was the best in years (even the past couple held at EHS). To all of those responsible....THANKS SO MUCH.

Judy.......sure missed you being there my friend. I still have pictures of me & you out there dancing a few years ago. I think it was 2005.