nanaimo rclaser fleet Forum

nanaimo rclaser fleet Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VAN ISLE RC LASER MIDWINTER REGATTA

So the race is set at Royal Vic for the 22nd of Feb.
1- should we race from noon till 3pm, or longer ?
2- if you have a spare boat bring it for locals to charter
3-if you're not going, consider loaning your boat
This is a good chance to show other sailors how much fun the racing is. so having boats for them to race is key. I'm bringing 69 and 70
4- who going ? who's going to carpool ?

Re: VAN ISLE RC LASER MIDWINTER REGATTA

Marsha and I will be there ....

With reference to how long we should sail ..... maybe we should see what the wether/temperature will be that day ...

Hi Bruce: Count me in for RC sailing at Royal Vic. I would carpool, but already have a full car. Will there be any issues getting onto Royal Victoria property when people arrive that day? If not, I will probably arrive early to get some practice in. K 34

Ken 34
No problem parking in R.Vic parking lot but you must park in the "upper lot", near the road ... this will be evident when you arrive ... how early do you think you might arrive as Marsha and I will also be there early ...

Hi Colin and Marsha: Regarding arrival time, I have two other people coming down with me, and I am not sure of their schedules yet. I will let you know as soon as I know. Ken 34

Hey Ken, how much practice is enough ? I'm thinking of heading down Friday morning to get an extra day .
I thought you would be going down by boat to set the marks.

Hey Bruce, you are talking to the guy that has it a bit of a "can do attitude" there is always enough time for practice!!! AAAAAAAAAnd don't tempt me! I believe it would be about a 10 hour trip, maybe a little faster if I put a few drops of high test scotch in the tank. I have a full car heading to Victoria, but I might be able to squeeze the bouys in if you want me to. I will have to check to see if I can get them in. Just let me know. See you on Saturday, Ken

Marsha and I can take our six marks .... all in a "milk crate" ... in fact we WILL bring our marks .... more marks = more choices for a good windward leeward in varying conditions ...

Colin KC58

I'll bring marks too.
12 boats confirmed so far.....
4 charter / loaner boats confirmed...
more ?
more ?
more ?

15 boats now confirmed.
2 charter boats still available.