nanaimo rclaser fleet Forum

nanaimo rclaser fleet Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
R/C Laser Canadian National Championship

Fleet #17

Does any one have any thoughts as to WHEN and WHERE the Canadians should be sailed?

I have not sailed at Maffeo Sutton Park, but, on Google Earth it looks good. Also, is the long pier out from the park usable???

I feel we need to get on this and we can't expect Bruce do do it all. There will be a lot of logistics to take care of ... without loosing our "seat of the pants" organization.

Colin KC58

Re: R/C Laser Canadian National Championship

My 2 cents worth...
MSP lagoon is often very flukey and launching is crowded and dangerous making sail adjustments tricky (one pole and an 8 foot drop). The crab dock is perpendicular to the wind and is a reach reach course... Fine if you get a good start.
Stones provides a challenging winds with several different courses possible... PILINGS! It is a good spot for spectators and for the "clubhouse."
NYC is a good spot but not for public viewing.
Based on last week's DDP course I am in favour of any spot that has a longer start line, longer windward leg and marks that aren't directly in the sun! Ya.. that's why I sucked, it had nothing to do with skills, it was not my fault!

Poky

Think out side the box .... where can we hold the Regatta so that local knowledge is limited ....

ALSO .... if the Regatta is in the spring .... not enough time for "Easterners" to plan ...

... if in the summer ... probably no wind ....

My personal thought is the Fall ... wind (probable) ... sun ( probable) ... greater participation (likely) ...

Colin KC58

I'm thinking of the fall also, because of better winds, and availability of the yacht club dock. I think the club is the best venue due to wind direction / strength in the channel and the best launching and viewing area.
October the ??????????????
Checking for conflicting regattas.................

weekend of Oct 12----two day regatta
dinner / party Sat night
Awards party Sun Afternoon.
What say you ?

Bruce

I am in for that date. I ALSO LIKE THAT IT IS A 2 DAY REGATTA!!!!!!!

Colin KC58

can anyone contact me on this championship??? 410-353-3637

Is anyone reading this forum? What is going on with the Canadian Nationals? Please call, write, e-mail ....410-353-3637; laserdave93@yahoo.com.....Help