Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Theodore " Will" Brown
PERSONAL DATA Home of Record: Lejunior, KY Date of birth: 09/06/1948 This whole page © Copyright 1997-2012 www.VirtualWall.org MILITARY DATA Service: Army of the United States Grade at loss: E3 Rank: Private First Cla...
Views: 209   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2016 9:51pm
by Bobby Bazzell
Miss visting with my friends here...
Brenda, you should email this link(not post on Facebook)to all the folks that use to post/read either this forum or Ken's. I don't care to post on Facebook, it's way to intrusive in my opinion. If I want to share something with a small group of friends, I don't nec...
Views: 60   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2015 2:39pm
by Annette
Labor Day 2014
What's the news for Labor Day? Elaine & I still plan to be there. Since all news seems to float in from Facebook, it would be nice to see a few old friends post here about Labor Day in Black Mountain. BTW......I sure miss talking to my old friends in this forum vs F...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2014 6:35pm
by Annette
Sue Sumner
With sad heart I want to let you know that Sue passed away today.
Views: 139   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2014 6:04pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Labor Day
Hey Brenda. Elaine & I are planning our annual travel to KY to see you & other friends. Let me know what you're hearing from others.
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 30, 2013 6:46am
by Brenda Davis
Good Morning Y'all
Hello everyone, it's a great morning in east Tennessee with No rain! It's about 7 weeks until we all camp out at Kenvir! The rain has kept us from riding as much as we wanted to but that is about to change!
Views: 130   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 5:15am
by Brenda Davis
Birthday Brenda
IBrenda I wish you a belated birthday, I remembered it yesterday but didn't do anything about. Judy
Views: 133   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2013 9:11pm
by Brenda Davis
Good Morning Y'all
We have a beautiful morning in east Tennessee. I am so happy for warm days. I am posting this mobile. I wonder how it will turn out.I remember back in the day when us kids were not allowed to pick up the dial telephone when it rang. Now kids have their own cell phone.
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2013 8:40am
by Brenda Davis
Ramps
Hello Y'all,some people will be in Kenvir this coming weekend to dig for ramps.Some will be camping on School House Hill and others on CCC Road and other places.The weather prediction looks great for the get together.Ray may go to Ohio with his brother to dig mushroo...
Views: 135   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 13, 2013 8:06am
by Brenda Davis
Obits
Hello Y'all,it is always with a sad heart that I post obituaries on the forum.I know all of them in one form or another.These are people who are descended from the founding fathers of Harlan County and will always be missed.A close friend died a few years ago and one...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2013 9:22pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Clarence L. "Buster" Cloud Sr.
Clarence L. “Buster” Cloud, Sr., 54, of Evarts passed away Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at the Harlan Appalachian Regional Hospital following a long illness. Born September 24, 1958, Buster had lived here all of his life. He believed in the Holiness faith....
Views: 114   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2013 9:14pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Mary Lou Caldwell
A memorial service for Mary Lou Caldwell, 69, will be held at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at Caughman-Harman Funeral Home, Lexington Chapel. The family will receive friends from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at the Lexington Chapel. Memorials...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2013 9:38pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Good Morning Y'all
Hello everybody ! We had a warm weekend and I noticed it is about yard mowing time.I think too the ramps are coming up out of the ground and maybe an inch tall right now.My brother is going to make a trip to Kenvir this week and check on the progress.Ray and his brot...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2013 9:45am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Good Morning Y'all
Well we still have rain but a lot of the region is still having snow.We are forcasted for snow next weekend.What can I say,it is still winter.I did notice the grass in my back yard is growing and I saw some tiny blue flowers already in bloom.I sure want spring weathe...
Views: 156   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 27, 2013 9:31am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Floyd Carr
Floyd “Tom Dooley” Carr, 61, of Red Bud, passed away Saturday, February 9, 2013, at the University of Tennessee Medical Center. He was born September 7, 1951 in Clay County, but had lived here most of his life. Tom was a coal miner and believed in the...
Views: 159   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 7:18pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Club News
Good morning Y'all ! Our club is celebrating our 7th year ! Our membership is holding steady!I want to thank all of you for the success of our organization!I can't wait until we can be together for camping and riding the mountains of Harlan County. Brenda Davis P...
Views: 158   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 6, 2013 7:12pm
by susie
Good Evening Y'all
Hello Y'all,we have had a rough week but Ray is home now and trying to recover from the total hip replacement.Thank all of you for your prayers and help.My sisters Letha and Janette came over today and so did my brother Willis.They brought food and comfort.Our friend...
Views: 158   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2013 3:14pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Happy New Year Y'all
I am sending all of you our best wishes for a Happy New Year ! 13 has been my lucky number for a long time so this is going to be a good year.Did Y'all fill up on black eyed peas and ham? Ray always adds side dishes of bratwurst and k.r.a.u.t.We like ice cream for de...
Views: 161   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 2, 2013 8:19am
by susie
j
Jean
Merry Christmas
Merry Chrietmas everyone. Jean
Views: 165   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 9:35am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Good Evening Y'all
Hello Y'all,we sure have been busy since September.Ray and I are ready for Christmas and a nice holiday break from doing what we have to do so we can do more of what we want to do.I think most of us pretty much give a shout out on facebook these days.I'm pretty sure...
Views: 149   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2012 9:05am
by susie
s
susie
hay you all
well did anyone survive the thanksgiving day dinner, hope it was good for all of you , whats happening in yur neck of the woods. when i talked to mom it was colder in ga than in the snowy washington state. have a good day and stay dry and warm and safe.
Views: 160   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2012 8:33am
by susie
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all !
I have 2 sweet potato pies made,2 pumpkin pies and Ray made 2 cherry delight pies. The corn bread is baked for the stuffing . We are looking forward to spending time with family and friends tomorrow.Some people will be missed because miles and time will keep us apar...
Views: 162   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2012 8:03pm
by Jean
Election Day !
It's a cold rainy Tuesday in east Tennessee.Ray and I will go out to vote sometime today.I use to love election day when I was a kid.Anyone remember the perks,,card board fingernail files,slogan buttons which sometimes had a picture of the candidate and not to mentio...
Views: 177   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 8, 2012 5:52pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
DVD
Do my recorder not working, it may be a very long time before I get them out to you but I will get them to you sometime, just don't know how long it will take. Thank you for been patient.
Views: 182   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2012 9:04am
by susie
Good Morning Y'all
It sure is cold this morning.I noticed the leaves on the trees are falling fast.I like this time of the year to go 4 wheeling back home.I am always surprised at what I find on the old and less traveled trails up Yoccums Creek.When the foliage dies down abandoned rail...
Views: 162   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2012 9:21am
by susie
Jimmy Wayne Jones
Jimmy Wayne Jones, 63, of Lejunior, formerly of Kenvir, passed away Friday, October 12, 2012 at his home. He was born August 25, 1949. Jimmy proudly served his country for 22 years in the United States Navy before retiring and moving back to his home town in Harlan C...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2012 4:59am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
s
susie
family
well guys you all know i am in wshington state, well guess what so is a 2nd cousin of ours from just up the alley in no 1 camp. do any of you remember the howards bob and doris, well the oldest son bobby and i had lunch at ihop, we learned thru facebook we were abou...
Views: 291   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 13, 2012 9:59am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Good Morning Y'all
We have a heavy fog and heavy dew on the ground his morning.Fall is here for sure.I gathered a lot of flower seeds to set aside for planting next year in different parts of the yard.I sold nearly all my house plants at the flea market.I had a successful year with the...
Views: 201   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 5, 2012 6:54am
by Judy
Reunion DVD
Brenda got the tape yesterday, will start on the dvd's soon, may take a while, with Richie & his fiancee (Ashlyn) staying here now I don't have as much free time as I use to.
Views: 175   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 27, 2012 7:16am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
s
susie
memories
morning all, been going down memory lane lately, as i walk the floor joices in this house we are building , i always think about walking on the railroad tracks at home, guess i was practicing when i was a kid and didnt even know it, of course i really appreicate it a...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2012 9:25am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Evarts High School Alumni Association Reunion
We had an amazing time in Evarts at the reunion.The festival on the street was very appealing and inviting to all people.We bought from the vendors everything from framed photos of miners to an amusing ball cap with a witty saying on the front.It was great walking th...
Views: 292   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 9, 2012 8:24pm
by Annette
Special Thanks !
Hello Y'all,We had a wonderful time in Harlan County over the weekend.I want to thank everyone for making it a special time for all who attended.A great big hug and thanks go out to Don Bailey Jr. for the great food he cooked at the campsite.Also thanks Don Jr. for t...
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2012 7:10am
by Chet
Good Morning Y'all
Well it's about 5 days or less until we all get together to camp.Some people have been wanting to know what to bring extra.We always need as much water as possible,bottle water for drinking and jug water for cooking and cleaning.Some people wait until they get there...
Views: 192   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 30, 2012 8:48pm
by Jean
camp site ready
Hello everyone thought I would let you guys know the hill is ready grass has been cut and the pottys will be there either thursday night or friday morning have a good an safe trip home
Views: 159   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2012 6:50am
by Johnn Napier
Club News
The Kenvir Kentucky ATV Club INC. will have the annual membership meeting on Saturday Sept.1st. at 11:A.M.at the Kenvir # 2 camp park.Bring a chair !
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2012 11:35am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Good Morning Y'all
Hello Y'all,we have about 3 1/2 weeks until the Kenvir and Evarts High School reunion.We will probably be on the hill to camp about the 30th.I have heard from a few who have been coming every year and cannot make it this time.We will sure miss them.I am pretty happy...
Views: 182   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 6, 2012 11:24pm
by suzzie Q
Ronald Hayes
Ronald Hayes, 66, Oxford, MI, formerly of Evarts, passed away, Tuesday, July 24, 2012. He was born August 26, 1945 in Evarts. Ronald was a retired worker for Pontiac Motor Corporation with 40 years of service. Ronald was preceded in death by his mother, Lillie Bar...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2012 6:27pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Swimming
It is 94 degrees right now in Sevier County.I remember back home in the 1960s we would dam up the bridge at Brittains Creek.There would be coal sludge in the bottom and no one would want to touch bottom,even with their feet.It would last the most of the day but someo...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2012 5:26pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Happy 4th Y'all
This was always such a good day when I was growing up.I knew for sure there was going to be ice cream,watermelon and canaloupe.We didn't have many fireworks but there was always firecrackers and sparklers.We have had people in the neighborhood shooting off fireworks...
Views: 188   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 14, 2012 9:37pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Wilma Luttrell
Wilma Aileen Burns-Luttrell, 84, of Evarts, went home to be with the Lord Friday, June 29, 2012, at the Harlan App. Reg. Hospital following a long illness. A wonderful Christian woman, she was a member of the Red Bud Baptist Church. Of all things, Wilma loved the Lor...
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2012 7:46am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Kentucky Law
House Bill 484, going into effect July 12, will allow Kentuckians to carry concealed weapons without a license on their property or place of business. Read more: The Harlan Daily Enterprise - New laws go into effect July 12
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2012 6:15pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Buford Grubbs
Buford Jackson Grubbs, 82, of Kenvir, passed away Sunday, June 24, 2012, at his residence. He was born on December 27, 1929 in Virginia. He had lived in Kenvir for the past 22 years. Buford was retired from the Budd Company in Detroit , Michigan after 32 years of ser...
Views: 321   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2012 7:40am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Fundraiser
Good morning Y'all.A few of the club members have sugested a fundraiser for contribution to the Yoccum Creek Fire Department for their Christmas distribution.I think a yard sale is a good idea.Club members and others will be donating items to sell with the money goin...
Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 9:20am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
j
Jean
Happy Father's Day
Happy Father's Day to all you great dads out there,hope your day will be you ask for.hope your children show you just how much you mean to them. Jean
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 17, 2012 7:38am
by Jean
Good Morning Y'all
Hello Y'all,we are at an early start this morning.I checked my Mockingbird nest and there are 3 eggs.We will head out for Kentucky this evening.The Raspberrys weren't ripe about 2 weeks ago and should be now.We found two great places to pick them ,one at Dizney and o...
Last Post: Jun 16, 2012 6:44am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Linda Lou Laws
Linda Lou Laws, age 65 of Romulus, MI passed away at Oakwood Hospital Annapolis Center, Monday June 4, 2012. She was born March 14, 1947 in Pikeville, KY, to the late Emzy and Ernie (Smith) Tackett. She was a Christian woman who enjoyed crocheting, quilting, craf...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2012 6:47am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Curtis Ray " Curt " Pace Sr.
Curtis Ray "Curt" Pace, Sr., 69, of Evarts, passed away Saturday, June 2, 2012, at the Hazard App. Reg. Hospital following a brief illness. He was a native and lifelong resident of Evarts. Curt was a veteran of the U.S. Army where he served as a driver of government...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2012 7:56pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Hello Y'all
Good morning to everyone ! It is going to be a great weekend for playing bingo at Middlesboro,visiting the polk sallet festival at Harlan,riding the 4 wheeler at Kenvir and picking raspberries at Dizney.We would like to get in some swimming and fishing at Martins For...
Views: 196   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 31, 2012 12:58pm
by Suzzie Q
Memorial Day And Decoration Day
I think yesterday and today are the sadest time of the year.We take pretty flowers to put on the graves of people we knew,people we loved and people who were our close friends.To me it is a time of remembrance for the living person who is gone forever,never more to w...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2012 10:06am
by Brenda Bailey Da...
Carl Parker
Carl Parker 62, of Indianapolis, IN. Passed away Thursday, May 17, 2012 He was born December 11, 1949 in Idianapolis, IN. To the late Carl & Christa Parker. He was a member of St. Andrews Lutheran Church and employed by Habit for Humanity. He is survived by his...
Views: 145   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2012 9:08pm
by Brenda Bailey Da...
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet