nanaimo rclaser fleet Forum
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
R/C Laser Canadian National Championship
Fleet #17 Does any one have any thoughts as to WHEN and WHERE the Canadians should be sailed? I have not sailed at Maffeo Sutton Park, but, on Google Earth it looks good. Also, is the long pier out from the park usable??? I feel we need to get on this and we...
Views: 263   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 5:57pm
by Dave Branning
r
ruswin
Digital Signal Processing Using MATLAB 3rd Edition
Digital Signal Processing Using MATLAB 3rd Edition > http://tinyurl.com/nrlmbnb Digital Signal Processing Using MATLAB 3rd Edition 97ffa81d91 Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect Pack.rar windows 7 profession...
Views: 780   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 10:05am
by ruswin
c
CAN 70
VAN ISLE RC LASER MIDWINTER REGATTA
So the race is set at Royal Vic for the 22nd of Feb. 1- should we race from noon till 3pm, or longer ? 2- if you have a spare boat bring it for locals to charter 3-if you're not going, consider loaning your boat This is a good chance to show other sailors ho...
Views: 245   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 21, 2014 9:17pm
by Bruce
urgent requirement for parts
To All RCer's out there: I ordered a new deck for my laser, received in time for Saturday's frozen thumbs, payed extra money to get it here faster than normal, and they didn't send the clips to hold the steering servo in place. Would anyone maybe have two that I co...
Views: 136   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 24, 2014 7:14pm
by Ken Keith
Frozen Thumbs/Pipers Lagoon
To all Vancouver Island RC Laser sailors: Dust off your D sail and bring it to Pipers Lagoon on Saturday the 11th. Winter winds are predicted to be 25 to 35 knots! See you there, Ken 34
Views: 167   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 10, 2014 10:53pm
by Bruce
c
CAN 70
A NEW WINTER SERIES ?
There is some talk from some fleet 17 sailors of having another winter series on the weekends we are not doing the Frozen Thumbs. That means racing opportunities every weekend all winter long. What do you think ? I like it. all we have to do is think of a name for th...
Views: 199   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 10, 2014 9:52pm
by Crazy Ivan
r
rso
BOAT MAINTENANCE
The RC Laser is a very low maintenance boat,as long as you KEEP THE WATER OUT! Don't forget to keep up the waterproofing (lithium grease)where to servos exit the deck.re-do often,I keep a west system syringe filled with grease handy all the time. Also store the bo...
Views: 474   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 10, 2014 9:13pm
by Bruce
Awsome sailing, Steady A sail winds and good company
The learning curving from from the very experienced RC sailors in Nanaimo has got to be an awesome experience. Even if I don't make it to the podium on a regular basis, I consider this group as family, and their friendly, knowledgeable ways on the race course make...
Views: 143   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 31, 2013 5:52am
by CAN 70
Merry Christmas!
To all the RC Laser sailors: Here is hoping you all have a very merry Christmas! Hope to see you at the Boxing Day blowout!
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2013 6:54pm
by CAN 70
p
P.R.O.
GREAT RCOCEAN RACE 2014
Registration is now open. Are you in ?? note the date APRIL 19TH , 2014 This date does not conflict with T.H.R.A.S.H. Regatta in Victoria allowing more hot sailors to join in on the most challenging radio-controlled sailboat race on the planet..4 months to go......
Views: 125   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2013 9:29am
by P.R.O.
RC controllers ??
Hi; I'm in need of a new controller, for Laser # 33. Which one do you recommend and is it available at your hobby store. Which store do you use ? Thanks David
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2013 8:16am
by Bruce
2013 Great Ocean Race
WOW .... I am still in shock ..... I would like to thank Bruce, the Dinghy Dock Pub, Fleet 17 and all the volunteers with chase boats and photo boats. It was my hope for the race to not be last, well that is how I started!!! BUT a quick change to the "A" rig an...
Views: 159   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2013 7:11am
by Bruce
p
PRO
RC OCEAN RACE 2013
April is coming up quick. We need some volunteers for chase boats etc,let me know if you can help make this the best Ocean race ever. We have potential two starts this year to allow for the increse in numbers. No one has ever won the rc laser class twice,so who wi...
Views: 203   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 8:09am
by bruce70
2013 Ocean Race
Not really necessary, but ..... update the Registration Form for 2013 ????
Views: 172   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 7:16am
by bruce70
Cold to Warm
From the looks of the guys on the dock, it looks cold in the NORTH WEST. How about sending a few skippers to Marco for that new tan and great competition. Hope some of you can make it this year.
Views: 165   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2013 8:17am
by Bruce
SAIL FASTER
Please post any advice or tips on how to sail faster around the race course here. The more tricks and tactics we all know,the closer the racing will be. "fast is fun"(the wizard)
Views: 457   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 11, 2011 7:16am
by RSO
RC OCEAN RACE 2011
THE "MOST CHALLENGING RADIO-CONTROLLED SAILBOAT RACE ON THE PLANET"IS SET FOR APRIL 16TH 2011. IF YOU HAV'NT DONE THIS RACE YET,ENTER NOW AND FIND OUT WHAT REAL OCEAN RACING IS LIKE ON A RC BOAT. WE HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF VOLUNTEER CHASE BOATS AVAILABLE SO BOOK E...
Views: 283   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 26, 2011 12:03am
by RACE COMMITTEE
the rygged start system
this seems like a good idea to me. anything that can make our fleet faster will make for closer,more exciting racing. the way i see it,there are 19 RC Laser in our fleet,9 scratch boats who have proven their ability to win on any given day,and 10 RED start boats wh...
Views: 344   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2010 12:42am
by dash34
JUNE 12-LOCATION
WHERE SHOULD WE RACE THE FINAL DAY OF THE SPRING SERIES SATURDAY,JUNE THE 12TH ? THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIDE DEPTH TO RACE AT STONES,UNLESS WE START AT 5PM. AN EVENING RACE NEAR THE LONGEST DAYS OF THE YEAR MIGHT BE NICE..... WHAT SAY YOU ALL ?
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2010 8:45pm
by RACE CONTROL
Rc laser for sale
There is a RC laser for sale on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370379146571 May get it for a good price. Ron 66
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2010 12:12am
by Ron Pitman
b
Brent
re Newbie Day
Hi Bruce, where is the Newbie Day going to be held?
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2010 7:45am
by Brent
ocean race
Wish you all the best and a very seccessful Ocean race Ron
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2010 1:50am
by Ron Pitman
b
Brent
re: Rescue boat
Hi Bruce and all you folks; I was at he recycle depot and for 50 Cents I got a rc speedboat, and after an hour of messing with it I got it working, my thought was to make it into a recovery boat for when someone gets hung up or launches without turning on their b...
Views: 273   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 22, 2010 8:56pm
by bruce
b
Brent
More fun than dynamite
Just wanted to thank Debbie and Bruce for the use of #69 on Saturday at the park. What a great day of sailing!!!!
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2010 10:35pm
by Bruce
final day of racing
I missed your final day of racing, but I managed to catch some of the closing ceremonies on TV. WOW you guys really went all out. I can't wait to see what you have planned for the R/C Ocean race
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 1, 2010 4:42pm
by lickety split
RC OCEAN RACE 2010
The Dinghy Dock Pub has once again signed on as the host of the RC OCEAN RACE in April.We still have volunteer chase boats available,going fast.20-30 boats predicted for the start.Any questions or info you'd like to share,post it here.
Views: 283   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 8:15pm
by Lickety split
laser sailing at Nanaimo
Hi Bruce I was emptying my tool bag for the laser to find some white nylon cord and some “L” shaped metal rods or pins in a plastic bag. I have no Idea how they got there but they are here now. Let me know if you know whose they are and I will get the b...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 11:18pm
by bruce
c
CAN 70
D-SAIL
RCLCANA Has approved the D sail for North American RC Laser racing.They will be available soon from the manufactuer . We have 4 D-sails on the list right now,if you want one,let me know and I'll put you on the order list. These sails are fantastic for sailing in re...
Views: 254   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 12, 2009 8:42pm
by Bruce
MATCH RACING LADDER
The names were drawn by Debbie,it's official. If you want to move up the ladder,just E_mail me,and I'll send you the ladder rules if you don't have them yet. Challenges and results will be posted here........
Views: 241   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 10:31pm
by rso
CANADIAN NATIONALS
Two and a half months to go. N.O.R. posted on race info page. register early and save $. VOLUNTEERS WANTED ! Charter boats still available. get out and practice,friday night ?
Views: 263   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 9:08pm
by rcl 70
Very excellent !!
That was an awesome day! Thanks for the efforts that went into it Bruce and crew. and thanks to the dinghy dock for hosting the event. I don't think you could of asked for a better day and wind. That Ken holland guy always keeps me looking over my shoulder no matter...
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 23, 2009 11:07pm
by rso
Free Forum powered by Bravenet