​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
blood lines

been runing hounds for 10 years an seen alot change an not all good dont field trial but love a good out side race still have it here in western arkansas want youre thoughts on what u think was the beast line of dogs was an still is to this day speed nose track runing strahan an liquor an hellums r hard to beat

Re: blood lines

Hard to Beat some Raider/Pickett bred hounds.

Ole Bill Martin bred up some fine hounds, as did Joe Stevens, and Lee Johnson.

The Duncan Creek hounds of Northwest, AL are pretty good as well. Mr. Don Willis has done a good job of preserving his line through the years as well. No CH> but I just wonder if the hound that wins the Master's next week could run with Ole Abraham or Cody?

Hounds that would breed on. Hounds that had enough speed and when the night got long, would still be punishing a piece of game. Nose, mouth, and plenty of hunting ability to go with that Speed and Endurance.

Don't see hounds that dominate races for long period of times like the old hounds use to, last ones I seen was in NW, AL.

Not knocking other hounds, but them old hounds are hard to beat from where I am sitting.

Everybody has got an opinion and that is mine, not throwing rocks, just throwing thoughts.

True Grit,
Jonathan Blakeley

Jeff stick with your Strahan blood,mix in some of the old Newman blood out of MO.
Try to find some Taylors Osage, it will be way back but is good a good old bloodline.
Houses Hoss, Dogtown Skipper are also some that I would look for.
All of these bloodlines should run a track right and make a mean barking coyote run

I know there are all probably gone but when I hunted on the outside,I crossed a Ouachita Playboy-Liquor male on a night rowdy-jabber female. They were some of the best I ever fed for outside.I could'nt have ask for any better.I know thats in the past but they were good ones. But you're right about some of the changes in our hound breeding. Just my opinion.

TRUE GRIT YOUR SINGIN MY SONG HARD TOO TOP EM OH WHAT A SONG

Hummm, Could I be seeing some of the reasons why I never had a hound of any good account

Yes Mark, You Have let yourself down, and maybe even the dogs???? If you need something to ,jump, run, fight and ,kill a yote, call me. If I dont happen to have one that suits you, I will point you in the right direction. Also, Does that make me a dog trader?????????????

Joe, I need help with everything other than dogs and girls. Yes even if it's from a dog trader like you. Wait a minute, If I think you're a dog trader, that would make you and me alike. I TAKE IT BACK!

Jeff I hunt outside all the time you come down sometime, and run with me and see what you think. I hunt for pleasure, but I love to compete, my hounds have placed in pen and outside, yet I run the same ones on a friday night, all night. We can't run during april, but after that come on over and bring your best to gage them with.