​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Guz OR Mighty Man- Stud question

Got a good track running gyp about to come in and with these two studs in or coming to my area soon, which one would be the best choice? Lookin to add some SPEED! All opinions and past experiences welcome!

Re: Guz OR Mighty Man- Stud question

Dogman, I would say both will help. I personally prefer the Mighty Man, because I have a litter off of him now, and could have bred any dog out there. I think both have good qualities, and its a hit or miss game out there......

I see where mighty man is heading back east. Seen some good ones out of him and Gus. But from the looks of all the results on the 2 sites, you have a lot to choose from on the east. See what is doing it. Within a couple hundred miles you got some top producers.... Gambler, Titus, Marvelous, speed dial, maverick, and hard rock just to name a few....,

BTT Any more insight???

Dog Man--Some strong Stud hounds listed above,we are running some off 4 listed,very nice hounds.If you are closer to middle Ga.it's 2 hounds here that are producing pups that breath the same air as their game.Dry Branch Rawhide/Dry Branch 8Ball. You are welcome to come and see their pups perform.

Mr Sonny, Whats the breeding on Rawhide and 8ball? Thanks for your time.

Joseph Puccio

Rawhide--D&S Doc x Flying S Tiny
8Ball--Barney's Chase x Creek Side Fancy

btt

What color hounds does mighty man typically throw if bred to a blanket back gyp? Also have seen quite a few small dogs outa him?

Dont let the size fool ya.....we bred him to a lemon and white gyp and got mostly white with lemon, a few bwt spots. But they go from small, to large. The biggest male is similar to a mule, and the smallest gyp more like a shrimp....but smaller dogs take less feed in my book!

IN MY OPINION,I LIKE MEDIUM SIZE & MAYBE A LIL SMALLER.I THINK THAT IF A DOG IS TO BIG,IT IS MORE SUBJECT TO HURTING IT'S SELF & I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK THEY CAN BREATH THE WAY A MEDIUM SIZE DOG CAN.I'D BREED TO ANY ONE OF THOSE TO DOGS.IF YOUR LOOKING TO WIN BENCH SHOWS BIGGER THE BETTER.SPEED & DRIVE.MEDIUM SIZE DOGS.

NOT SAYING BIG DOGS CAN'T GET IT DONE,CAUSE I'VE SEEN SOME BIG HOUNDS THAT CAN ROLL.IN THESE PENS DOWN SOUTH,THEY ARE WOODED & LOTS OF THICKETS.SMALLER SEEMS TO DO BETTER.OUT WEST IN OPEN COUNTRY.I'D LIKE TO HAVE A LIL BIGGER.DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.PERSONALLY I LOOK FOR ONE THAT IS CAPABLE OF WINNING EVERY TIME I LOAD IT.

GOOD LUCK,HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU.