​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Painting

I have a gyp with a little black spot on one side. What's best to use to get it faded enough to put black numbers on side . Thanks for any help

Re: Painting

U can bleach it out but be careful not to burn the hair.

I like to Black them out & paint a white # on them.

I think you can see the white on black better especially if the dog gets wet.....My Opinion Only....Good Luck

I agree the white number shows up way better. I've seen black numbers and black mud don't mix.

it really matters how big if it is real big dye her if it aint real big bleach her dont put black paint like they said mud and black paint dont mix dye the number on her

It's a black spot baseball or mayby softball on back flanke . Only on 1 side other side solid white .

I bleach it I have a Hellums breed male the same I bleach him and dye the number

I have done both. Bleach and dye black number and dye blanket and put white number. I would prefer the dyed blanket and paint white number. Something to think about though.... for the cost of dye, bleach and such you could order a blanket from Halemar with a number on it. Seems to work really well in open country... Pens with lots of snags and stuff might cause a problem. I have had pretty good luck with them... Just my two cents worth...

Thank you all for the comments . I apreciate all the help . I've never used the bleach . I guess it's regular bleach ? How long do you leave it on dog ? How many times do you have to apply ?

go to sally's beauty supply or call hound and horse supply 904-724-7205 and ask for developer 20-30or40 and one pound of speed bleach leave it on for 30min then rinse if not the color u want then do it the next day hope this helps

Just 1 dog go to dollar store get ms clarol blond hair dye to bleach her spot get the. Black to dye number on 3 dollars each u don't have to mix all at once mix equal amounts as u need u will have plenty left over for another time