​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
La St. Annual Field Trial & Bench Show & 1st Annual Purina Youth Hunt!! April 17-20

The La St annual field trial & bench show held in conjunction with the 1st Annual PURINA YOUTH HUNT will be April 17-20,2013.
$50 entry fee for both hunts.
It will be a total of 3 classes. The state hunt will be ran as always derby runs 2 days all age runs 3. PURINA YOUTH HUNT RUNS 2 DAYS! The Purina youth hunt will be strictly for our youth hunters only and they WILL have to be present and participate on Friday April 19th. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! The 400 thru 500 numbers will be used for the youth and this will be an OPEN CLASS.
**PURINA has donated $500 in cash and 1 ton of Purina Pro Plan dog feed to te youth. The plantation will also be adding money to the derby and all age.
Considering the difficulty of running 2 hunts in one we have selected a MOH that we think can run & handle a hunt of this caliber. Master of hounds and bench show judge will be Donny Butler of Pollock,La.
**2 separate computers will be used to figure scores**
President Nick Dark-Quitman La
To reserve numbers call secretary Paul West 318 447 9039
Come out and support one of the oldest state hunts in the south!!

Re: La St. Annual Field Trial & Bench Show & 1st Annual Purina Youth Hunt!! April 17-20

Congratulations to whoever came up with this idea. This one seems like a home run and it is something that ought to be considered at more hunts around the country. The rule book isn't exactly in line with this kind of hunt at the moment but it would be a good thing to bring up in the Stockholders Meeting at the Masters next week.

Article 1, Section 4 of the rule book says:

Each affiliated association shall be allowed the following options when conducting their trials that qualify for championship status.
a. Open Trial–All hounds run in one class
b. All-Age and Derby – Two classes run simultaneously
c. All-Age–for hounds of any age
d. Derby - for hounds under two years of age

Someone should amend that to say an additional Youth Class may also be added. It should pass unanimously.
Then the Masterfox computer program could be changed to handle 3 classes in one field trial and you would get rid of the headache of running two computers.

Good work in putting your hunt together.
I hope this style of field trial catches on.

Re: La St. Annual Field Trial & Bench Show & 1st Annual Purina Youth Hunt!! April 17-20

Just gonna clear this up..... The La St field trial will count towards the leaderboard.... The purina youth hunt will not

Btt

Where is this hunt

plantation fox pen aimwell la this should be one of the best state hunts ever with the youth hunt being included

Yes!!! Sorry ab that.... Hunt is at Plantation Fox Preserve Aimwell,La
Thanks James Lewis!!

btt

Btt

Btt

Btt

Btt

RAN TODAY AT THE PLANTATION FOX PEN GREAT RUNNING,AND SAW A LOT OF EXTRA GAME. SHOULD BE A GOOD HUNT.

We already have over 150 numbers out! This should be a great hunt especially with the added money!!

I see where this hunt is in Aimwell Louisiana . What is that close to ?

15 miles from Jena La, a hour from pineville / Alexandria, 45 minutes from Natchez ms

Ok . Thank you . I found it on map now . My kids are wanting to try to go .

Call Paul and get you some numbers! 318 447 9039. We would love to have y'all!

Shaping up to be a great hunt talk with Paul this morning an looks like the Youth hunt is gonna be big also ...
The added prize money to the state hunt is huge !!!
Load up your kids an come let them enjoy there self in the 1st annual La State Youth Hunt along with the normal La State Hunt .

Don't forget about the La St Hunt!! $500 added to the youth hunt and $2000 to be added and split between the derby and all age!

It will be good , I'm coming to collect my cash ride and show who big David really is !! Meet me in Calcutta corner Thursday am and it's on !!!! Come get some boys !!!

Valentine, I hope williana kicks your a--!!!!

LA STATE is dad and my favorite hunt of the year and think its awesome what ya'll are doing with the youth hunt !!! we need more of this to get the kids involved they are our future for the hound world !!!! see ya'll there

Btt

Btt

Agenda for the Hunt: Judge's meeting at 5:00am Thursday morning, roll call at 5:30 and cast at 6:15. Youth Bench Show will start at 6:00 Thursday evening. The State Bench Show will start right after the youth. This is a Masters GTP Hunt on 5 minute intervals. No weedeater strings, numbered blankets or shocking devices will be allowed. Alfa collars will be allowed as long as the shocking prongs are taken out of the collar. Any hounds caught with shocking capabilities on during the hunt will be eliminated, plus the rest of the hounds entered under that kennel. Paul has the pen in great shape, should be a good hunt.

Want to also add that there is $2000 Added to the state hunt and Paul got speciality feeds to donate some Calibur feed! Also the youth hunt has $500 cash added and 1 ton of purina pro plan!

I've heard it will be one of the best state hunts ever , this is rite in the middle of stud dog men area ,pickie nation and jay bird should wipe this out , we will see some real fast hounds I'm hearing this year , I'm coming to watch my self at this race track !!!

Do you really think someone could beat Paul west in his home pen ? He's tough anywhere he goes but you boys can't handle him there for sure , he will wipe this out

Heard somebody from the East was coming and isn't planning on being in the clapping section

There's a big ball heading man coming to the hunt that says he's gonna bust azz !!! And I heard it was valentine and west he's gonna bust !!!!

Should be a good fast hunt , I'm going just to visit and have fun , besides its taken a lot of bait to get Vaydon bond and Paul west pinned in one place !!! Should be fast and fun !!

donnie , i thought you would be in the hunt. it looks to be a good one. they should have over 100 dogs and i figure paul will be hard to beat. i figure you would have got in for the first day cash pot. have a good one.

Any results on first day ? Vaydon went for the derby let us know something if anybody hears anything please

Somebody tell us who is doing what please.

Valentine leading the derby and got 5 more in top 10

Who won the derby & who is doing what in the all age?

Judge Teat won derby

Happy Valentines Day to everyone in Jena. Heard he put on a show. Paul do you need me to get you a load of gravel hauled up there. Heard he slung it all off the road leaving pen

Bj is that all u can do is sit at home and stir $hit... We know you can't run dogs.

who is bj clark? valentine shouldve run a jaybird

It was live action today between Valentine & Paul , the had a shoving match , fence was yanked down maybe round 2 will be a pillow fight !!!

Donny Butler was heard saying he push me like that I'll show him I'm undefeated in fighting and knock valentine out especially if he messes my hair up. But are sideline reporter assured us that mr butler had enough dapper Dan in his hair that a catagory 5 hurricane couldn't, make it move !

He sold a few dogs to the east coast during the hunt , if he can pull out a win in all age he can coast for a few months on that cash !!!!!

Who done what?

James Lewis won AA