​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big valley derby hunt last week end

I was just wondering if anyone knows if they scatch dogs for mouthen or babaling at big valley last weekend at the derby hunt a good friend of mine went to spectate and said he saw some good hounds and good dog work but also seen alot of dogs bark off i wanted to know if their was any truth to this because i have a litter mate to the dog that won the hunt and cant put much trust in my freind

Re: Big valley derby hunt last week end

I was at the hunt last weekend at big valley it was a 16 month and under hunt i believe. I didnt see no dogs mouthen. I ran a 13 month pup in the hunt i beleave your buddy has some explaining to do if he ran a derby and won. Or was the dog the right age iam sure he was a jan pup lol iam not suprised lol

Rick how old is your dog?

Every hunt I have been to I have seen dogs chasing other dogs opening some. Some dogs barking when there going to a race. I just thought that was the way they are. Feed them dogs some 30/20 feed a little red cell and they will do some stupid stuff.

1st it was a PUPPY HUNT not a derby hunt. with a $20 entry fee and all money was paid back.
2nd nothing was scrathed and all scores counted.

Paul, I think you misread what he wrote. His buddy didn't run a dog, he watched the hunt. Rick said he has a mate to the winner.

Rick, there is almost always some babbling and puppy hunts, sometimes it's there first trip to the pen or they just get excited, usually they settle down.

Well boys i found out that the dog that one the puppy hunt was not a pup a guy from southern ill won the hunt and the dog is almost two i wont give his name but all that was at the hunt u should know the guys name he got first with a dog that was to old iam not going to slander anyones name but you know u done wrong and hopefully you learn a leason from this

I WAS AT THE HUNT. I HAD A WONDERFUL BREAKFEST, SEEN LOTS OF GAME, AND SEEN PUPS DO PUP THINGS. IM SATISFIED WITH RESULTS.