​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tapeworms ???

Got a few hounds thats having trouble keeping weight on them i think i might have a worm prob,im feeding showtime and scraps so feeding isnt the problem,im worming with valbazon and its just not doing the trick.

Re: Tapeworms ???

drontel from the vet or worm x plus from the feed store ..the drontel is the best ive used

I have talked to lots of folks having the same problem but if you have a bad infestation of tape worms they will be in the stool. Sometimes it cost more to buy the expensive wormers than it does to take a stool sample to a vet and be sure if it is worms or not. Just a thought

Try a bigger feed can . Some dogs it just takes a lot more feed .

Stool Sample test is not needed for tapeworm diagnosis. If you have tapeworms you will see them in the stool they look like rice. Good Luck!!

Go get some zimmectrin gold from the feed store. Put a dab on your finger and rub it in there mouth 3 days in a row. wait a week and do it again. You won't have tapeworms any more. But it could be a different type of worm. If there gums are dark then you just need to feed more, if they are pale its worms. How often do you run your dogs? when I get a new dog I will run safeguard and zimmectrin gold together for three days just to make sure.

John, do you give your hound Zimmectrin Gold for 3 days in a row?

yes I have. it depends on how bad of an infestation. but not much if I do it 3 days.

I use a pea size amount I should say

One dose is all you need to give.....I use equimax horse wormer...one tube will worm six grown hounds...only one dose

Can anyone explain the difference between Zimmectrin Gold and EquiMax horse de-wormers? I know they are very similar but want to know the actual difference(s).

I believe if I am correct that the ingrediants are different in the two wormers,but both will do the job.Good luck and good hunting.