​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NUMBER OF ENTRIES AT THE MASTERS

HOW MANY ENTRIES HAVE BEEN ENTERED AND HOW MANY DIFFERENT KENNEL OWNERS ARE THERE

Re: NUMBER OF ENTRIES AT THE MASTERS

225 hounds entered

I have a question....Why does there seem to be a much smaller field of entries this year?

I'm sure the economic coinditions have played a part, but felt like there would be over 300 hounds or more at such a big hunt!

Good Luck to everyone & hope they crown a worthy champion!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

sure some of the changes and babble earlier had a lot to do with it.jmo.

Think some people are beginning to finally realize that trying to compete with the "big timers" just isn't worth it. It is a buisness to them. There isn't any sport about it to that crowd. Cause the economy hadn't effected them for the most part. J M O

I think it's a P.R. problem. The Masters hasn't recovered from the black eye they got in 2010. Maybe the new owner will do some restructuring and get it back on track. Back door deals and playground politics "Ain't nobody got time for that"

You are right it is like a business to some of them. when they have so many dogs that they have to keep a number on them to know which dog it is. or when they reserve the fox pen for a day and bring a pile of folks with pens and pads to take score and see which dogs they want to take to a hunt. I haven't figured out what the point is. It doesn't seem like it is worth the money you could possibly win. I don't know, I would like to think I could make a cross and raise some pups that would compete against someone with 60 or 70 hounds, and have a lot less to feed. But to each his own.

I don't think it's a pr problem........I don't ever recall a high number of hounds @ The Masters unless it was in the Carolina's or Georgia. 300 is a large # @ any hunt in the mid south, IMO

Folks have figured out it is cheaper to sit home and just wait for them to vote in the winner.

One who knows looks like you don't know crap!! You and others like you who cry about getting there but whipped by those that work harder is just something else!!! These hunts are run more honest than you crybabies tend to think !!Just check your breeding, or the way you handle your hounds!!! The feed the wormers!!! Why yall always got to think someone cheated you??? Get a good hound and it will do your talking for you, better yet go judge some hunts and you will see for yourself. I can't say I didn't think like yall for a lil while as it seemed you had to be in a click or something right, cause I "KNOW MY HOUNDS DON'T DO THAT OR THIS"!!! I started judging cause I didn't have anything and that's how I saw it, and what type of hound you need!! Am I back to placing all the time, no cause I don't work as hard as some!! I can almost guarentee the winner of the Masters hunt can put a hound on the ground any where and probably kick your but every time just like mine cause they work for it!! I will say that I didn't see you say someone cheated but thats how I read it!! Hope one day you get a good hound so you can feel how it is to hear people call you dishonest or a cheater!!As for judges if it were not for them you wouldnt even have hunts !! so thats all i have to rant on this post have a great day !!!God bless and happy hunting/running!!