​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2013 Masters

As I've been sitting here reading posts through out today and seeing alot of speculating about his hunt, I've decided to clear the air on a few things as well as give my opinion. Let me first say that my family and I come from a little country town in Tennessee and claim to be nobody special. We try our best to treat everyone as we would want to be treated and speak to everyone we see, as well as be the same everytime you see us. Mike's Dad past away almost a month ago and he at the spur of the moment last week wanted to get away I guess to clear his mind a little and so we set out to go to the Masters for the first time ever. Alot of people had told Mike, "Oh you won't like it", "Those people are better than you are." I was kinda worried about going afraid I'd be miserable but wanted to be with my family so I sucked it up and went on. We arrived in the wee hours of the morning and as daylight came and people started to stir we immediately had people introducing themselves to us, asking if they could do anything to help us, etc. Needless to say we had the best time and the most relaxing time. We met lots of new people, some that we'd only seen in the magazines before this hunt and they were all fine people. We took what we thought was our best dogs and Miss Chloes "Bella" came in 9th place! It's been said on some post about people buying dogs ,etc. Well let me tell you, we didn't buy a thing, sell a thing, or trade a thing and Chloe still placed her dog with a little homegrown gyp that we take hunting on a weekly basis. I said all of this to say, don't let people influence your opinion of something you know nothing about, or someone you've never met before. Try it for yourself and draw your on conclusions. As for updates not being posted daily, I'm not sure why, I have no job at the Masters but I can say my cell phone as well as my personal internet that I took with me would not work the whole time I was there. The only signal I could get was to text my family back home I couldn't call my family till we headed home and to my knowledge everyone I know of stayed there in a camper as well so they may not have had access to do these either until it was over. Several people has called to see if we made it home and to congratulate us so if they were being fake; they've got me fooled! One other thing I hope is that everyone has the opportunity to help organize and run a fieldtrial at some point in their life, then and only then can you comprehend the planning and hard work that goes into one.
Congrats to all who placed and to all that just had a good time!
Happy Huntin'

Re: 2013 Masters

AMY, I AM GLAD YOU AND YOUR DAD PLACED A HOUND IN THE TOP TEN. I MET YOUR DAD A DEW YEARS AGO AT A HUNT IN ALABAMA. HE HAD GOOD HOUNDS FOR YEARS. I KNOW THE MASTER WAS A GREAT HUNT AND GLAD YOU GOT TO EXPERIENCE A HUNT LIKE IT. YOU DO MEET SOME REAL NICE HUNTERS. TELL YOUR DAD HELLO FROM ME.

Leroy,
You've made my day but Mikes mad at you now! He's not my dad , he's my husband. I'm just kiddig, he's not mad but you still made my day! lol

Ma'am I really enjoyed your post a lot. I got to talk to your husband around the fire and the last day when we went in the fox pen. I got when happy when I seen the smile on your daughters face when y'all placed her dog!

Thank you Bubba. She's one happy little girl for sure. She's told everybody she's seen. This is why I truly believe we should be careful how we treat kids in life. They never forget the good or bad things that people do for them in life.

Congratulations to your daughter for placing a hound in a trial like this. Have been to a few big Masters hunts and have never come close. Your family has accomplished something worthwhile as field trial competitors.
Have had a chance to have my hounds compete, to use the term very loosely, with hounds like Slinger, Mighty Man, Ike, Bold Ruler etc. When you have something of your own on the same ground, you appreciate how good those hounds really are.
Even better, I've met some of the top field trialers in North America and found the overwhelming majority to be friendly, helpful and interesting. It has been a pleasure and, no they weren't making a buck from me like some no-name poster suggested. I've bred certain strains of hounds for thirty years and have been dumb enough to stick with that. Didn't stop a number of the top-notchers from befriending a Canuck from the dark side of the field trial moon.
As far as results etc. It's nice when they can be kept up-dated. However they are posted just a day after the trial ended. That's better than the majority of trials Masters, National or anything in between.
If you've traveled considerable distance to compete. Have hounds to get up and get ready to compete and hope to socialize a bit with friends you seldom get to see -- that can interfere a bit with serving as news correspondent. The last day is often a blur, getting caught up and getting on the road for a long drive home.
Arm chair quarterbacking is easy. You never get hit. Again, congrats to those who organize, compete and win these top-notch events and to the 'little guys' who have the nerve to step out and test their best against the best.

Good post Ms. Amy and a big shout out to the Summeys from East TN on there placing 9th in one of the worlds biggest field trial. Those mates to bella are all gooden's! Hope yall are doing well and I will say this to the whole world if anyone is accusing the Summeys of cheating we need to meet up sometime, cause I have NEVER meet better foxhunting folks in my life! I for one still missing ol Bro Floyd. These are great folks and great hunters. Hunted with them on Friday night, and Field trialed against them, and they always make this pour ol country boy feel welcome!

Again good post Ms. Amy, and I hope yall are all doing well.

True Grit Kennel,
Etowah CO.
Kyle Blakeley

You can tell a lot about people by there kids. You kids were so respectful and polite as well as yourself. Glad yal came hope to see you all again soon. Congrats

Big Kyle said all I could say.

I was glad to hear from Mike Saturday evening and find out my friends from East, TN placed in the Master's FHA.

It tickled me to know that some folks that I have know for years and hunt with on Friday night, eat their slop and they've eaten mine, and I we have shared the same fire barrel many times, I was glad they did well and look forward to seeing them soon.

God Bless, and I am sure Mr. Floyd would be very proud, I can see the ole fellow now, smiling from ear to ear knowing that his son and grandchildren placed at the Big Hunt.

True Grit,
Jonathan

Amy congrats to all of y'all on your placing and tell mike I'm glad that blanket gave him good
Luck lol, congrats again that's a fine pack of dogs y'all have

Amy congradulation to yaw.

Amy so glad 2 meet u & your family & even happier you were able 2 capture Fras Bros shuffle on video ha! Hope 2 see y'all again

AMY, I GLAD I MADE YOUR DAY. I MET YOU AT FT. PAYNE HUNT A FEW YEARS AGO. MIKE AND I TRY TO CATCH DOGS ALL DAY. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AND MIKE.

Way to go Summey family you are great sportsman you have hounds that can compete any where you want to go.I know i went and watched them lol lol had a greast time hunting with mike and the boys.