​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LOST A GREAT ONE THIS MORNING

Dick Tucker just called to let me know DON RITCHEY passed away this morning, he was ninty-one years old, Don was a great breeder of fox hounds & won or bred a Ch. of every major hunt during his career until his health started to fell him, I hunted alot with Don & D.T Goldman in the seventy thru 2002, & learned alot from them. Don will be greatly missed. There will be a sevice for Don at four seasons nursing home in Benton Ark, Friday 3-29-13 at 11;00 am. I can still here ole Pepper driving! Good by ole friend!

Re: LOST A GREAT ONE THIS MORNING

Was sad to hear of Mr. Don passing away when Dick Tucker called me this morning. Mr. Don was a great hunter, breeder and a close friend of mine. He was very dedicated to field trials and helped us in N. La. and S. Ark. a lot. I was very fortunate to have him visit me a couple of years ago at my place with Ricky Tucker. I showed him my pen and hounds and we did a lot of catching up on hunts and hounds of the past. Just looked at a old picture the other day of Mr. Don, D.T. Goldman, Bruce Kelpe and me when Rip won the S. Ark. at Hope Ark. years ago. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and you will truly be missed Mr. Don Ritchey.

Mr Don was a great hunter and freind he will b missed by many but his stories will live forever

They have changed the time for the vistation for Don Richey to 9;00am & sevrice to 10;00am

Very fine man. A friend and I drove up and bought a couple hounds from him several years back when he had Patton's Hoot and I have followed him all through the years since the seventies and he was a great competitor. Enjoyed visiting with him.I have thought about him a lot these last couple years wondering if he was still living and hunting. So sad to hear of his passing.

Don was a great houndsman. I went off to college in 1988 and saw Don at a hunt when I came home on break. He asked how many hounds I had and I told him I had to sell out because I moved to Ruston LA to go to school. He told me son there are more foxhunters in Ruston than should be allowed anywhere and he put me in touch with some lifelong friends down there and memories I will never forget. He will be missed.