​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ridge Grove, AL 2 Class Puppy Hunt

We plan on having a 2 Class Puppy Hunt 05/18/2013.

This will be a 3 Hour hunt. Cast time will be around 6:00AM (maybe a little before if light is breaking)

Entry Fee will be $40 per puppy.

We will pay $25 per puppy back to the winners.

We will pay out according to puppies per class, will be determined at hunt.

Since this is a puppy hunt we will be lenient as far as scratching the hounds go, but excessive babbling and not finishing the 3 hours will get your hound scratched. Again, we the judges will be lenient, but a hound that can NOT run 3 hours will NOT win this hunt, and a flat out liar will NOT win, period.

The people associated with the pen will not be running in this hunt we will be judging along with several others. The huntes will be allowed to sit back listen and watch your puppies from the camp house.

To reserve numbers or more info and directions call
Jonathan Blakeley @ 334-782-5000 after April 17.

Older Class has to be born on or after June 1, 2012
Older class pups will wear #'s {51-99}.

The younger class has to be born on or after August 1, 2012
The younger class pups will wear #'s {0-50}.

If you would like to run before the hunt we might could work you and your puppies in, but it will be after May 1, 2013, per hound is $5 for just running no matter if you run 2 hours or 10 hours. The pen is running great right now with plenty of yotes and greys.

Look forward to watching your puppies May 18, 2013 give me a call and get you some numbers starting April 17, 2013 after 9:00AM.

Thanks,
Jonathan Blakeley

Re: Ridge Grove, AL 2 Class Puppy Hunt

No numbers will be given out on the computer, if you would like to reserve numbers call Jonathan Blakeley 334-782-5000.

Thanks,

Jonathan Blakeley

What part of Alabama is the pen located in or what major city is it closest to. Thanks.

Where is the hunt at????

Pen is located about 20mins north of auburn.

Books open call and get your #'s there will be a limit per class.

Jonathan Blakeley

Not many numbers left for the old class but several still available for the young class. Looking forward to seeing some good pups run in May.

Give me a call and get you some numbers before there all taken.

Good hunting,
Jonathan

How many numbers are out so far? thanks, cory

The limit is out for the old class which is 40 and about 15 for the young class.

Someone with pups born on or after August need to get some numbers and see how their pups stack up against other puppies come May 18, 2013.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of good pups at the Grove.

Jonathan Blakeley

BTT

GUYS THIS FOX PEN IS FAST & A DOG CAN DO ALL IT WANTS IN THIS PEN.MOSTLY BIG HARD WOODS & ABOUT 20yr.OLD SET OUT PINES.GOT A COUPLE SMALL THICK PATCHES.

I HATE WE DON'T HAVE ANY PUPS RITE NOW.

Hey brandon i havnt heard form yall in a while hope everything is good you need to come run with us sometime. yall have a good one, cory.

WE HAVE NOT BEEN HUNTING ALL SPRING,ALL WE'VE DONE IS FISH TOURN.ALL SPRING.WE ARE SUPPOSED TO START RUNNING AGAIN IN THE MORNING I HOPE.WHEN WE GET EM BACK IN SHAPE WE WILL COME RUN W/YALL.GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.TELL YOUR DAD WE SAID HELLO.

has there been any more numbers giving out for the young class. thanks, cory

Sorry buddy we need to turn our numbers in we not going to make it

Who is bringing the heat boys, lets here it who is gonna be the one to beat??

Well, Boys the time is drawing nigh for the puppy hunt this weekend. We still have several numbers available in the young class and a few in the old class.

Right now we have the following hunters coming: Ken Goodwin, Hi-Tech, Corey Lashley, Buck, Larry Cox, Topflite, Nick Harden, Kelly Newton, Jo Ed Salter, Mark Jeter, Tim Schonewitz, Cole Welch, just to list a few.

Running is going real well right now and this should be a good little puppy hunt.

We will for sure cast by 6:00 maybe by 5:45 central time due to the Sun is up by then.

If you need directions call me and I will explain just how to get to the hunt.

We will have plenty of judges to look at your hounds for the three hours they are out, remember a quitter nor a babbler will win this hunt. However we will use The Master rule of the fact that it takes two judges scratching a hound to eliminate the hound for a barking fault.

All scores will be kept and used for the hounds total.

Motel info is simple, look on your computer for the Econolodge in Opelika, AL located on Columbus Ave. This motel is about 20 to 30 mins from the running grounds, they have the best rate that I've found.

Again if you need more info feel free to call me and I will help in any way.

334-782-5000

Jonathan

How many numbers are out for the young class?

8 will be in young that I know of for sure

Puppy hunt cancelled due to folks backin out.

Not enough interest to justify having the hunt.

We might try again another time but hunt is cancelled.

No need to grip or bad mouth it is what it is........

Jonathan Blakeley

HEY MAN,HOW MANY #'S WERE TURNED IN?

WOULD THERE BE ENOUGH PUPS TO OPEN IT UP TO A 1 CLASS HUNT?JUST ASKING CAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT HAS ALREADY MADE PLANS TO GET OFF OF WORK TO COME & LOOKING FORWARD TO COMING.IF THERE IS ANYTHING I COULD DO TO HELP LET ME KNOW.

Jonathan Blakeley
Well, Boys the time is drawing nigh for the puppy hunt this weekend. We still have several numbers available in the young class and a few in the old class.

Right now we have the following hunters coming: Ken Goodwin, Hi-Tech, Corey Lashley, Buck, Larry Cox, Topflite, Nick Harden, Kelly Newton, Jo Ed Salter, Mark Jeter, Tim Schonewitz, Cole Welch, just to list a few.

Running is going real well right now and this should be a good little puppy hunt.

We will for sure cast by 6:00 maybe by 5:45 central time due to the Sun is up by then.

If you need directions call me and I will explain just how to get to the hunt.

We will have plenty of judges to look at your hounds for the three hours they are out, remember a quitter nor a babbler will win this hunt. However we will use The Master rule of the fact that it takes two judges scratching a hound to eliminate the hound for a barking fault.

All scores will be kept and used for the hounds total.

Motel info is simple, look on your computer for the Econolodge in Opelika, AL located on Columbus Ave. This motel is about 20 to 30 mins from the running grounds, they have the best rate that I've found.

Again if you need more info feel free to call me and I will help in any way.

334-782-5000

Jonathan

Brandon I realize several folks were wanting to come and we hated it had to be cancelled but after much discussion we felt this was the only right thing to do.

We considered having a one class puppy hunt but even with that we were still going to be less than 20 puppies total and not be worth the the time of the hunters to come as far as some was going to be coming.

Cody and I are sick over the matter we was looking forward to hosting this field trial we had judges lined up and ready to go but we just could see asking some good hunter to drive 300 plus miles spend 3 to 4 hundred dollars in entery fees, gas, food and lodging to win maybe 250 to 300 dollars in prize money. We just didn't won't folks leaving with bad taste in their mouths.

We tried everything and talked about a lot of different ideas but sometimes things just don't work but our number one concern was to try and treat folks like we would want to be treated, so we felt like we didn't have a choice on what had to happen and that was to cancel this little puppy hunt and just try and do what is right by our fellow hunters.

Jonathan Blakeley

I UNDERSTAND THAT.I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT MANY PEOPLE CANCELLED.CODY TOLD ME ABOUT 2 OF EM & MELVIN GOT #'S.THAT'S WHY I WAS ASKING.I DON'T HAVE ANY PUPS & I WAS JUST LOOKING FORWARD TO COMING & HANG OUT W/EVERYBODY & SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE I HAVE NOT SEEN IN A WHILE.

THAT IS A FINE FOX PEN & A GREAT PLACE TO HUNT.THEY WILL LOVE THE PLACE IF YALL EVER HAVE A HUNT.THEY CAN STROLL IN THERE.I WAS HOPING YALL WOULD HAVE A BIG TURN OUT & KEEP HAVING HUNTS.I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME HUNTS PUT ON AROUND HERE.I WISH THAT ALL THE PEN OWNERS IN ALABAMA WOULD GET TOGETHER & PUT ON SOME KIND OF SERIES OR SOMETHING & SUPPORT EACH OTHER.IT WOULD BE A LOT OF FUN.