​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad day at Hoehner Boys Kennel

HOY SOY CH. Hoehners Slinger H. has passed away. He will definitely be missed. He was one of the best hounds we have ever owned.

Re: Sad day at Hoehner Boys Kennel

**** victor and john I'm sorry for your loss and be blessed for the good one's the ole man left you all.again sorry for your loss

Victor, he was one of the best that anybody ever owned. I have only been paying close attention to hounds for about 15 years but Slinger was the best one I ever watched. I thought if I ever had a gyp good enough to take somewhere to breed I would take her to Slinger but now I missed the boat.

Hate to hear that John and Victor.... One of the best running and producing hounds of all time

Sure hate to hear the news about Slinger. He probably won more field trial trophies than any hound in the history of hunting. My Peyton, his son, was one of the best I ever had. Slinger will be missed. John Baker

Ch. Hoehner's Slinger was the best.

IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS JOHN AND VICTOR. I PESONIALY NEVER SAW OLE SLINGER RUN, BUT I HAVE HAD SOME MIGHTY FINE PUPS OFF HIM THAT COULD GET IT DONE. I CONSIDER SLINGER TO BE THE BEST FOX HOUND EVER TO LIVE, HE WAS A GREAT CHAMPION AND PRODUCER. I KNOW IT GOT TO BE HARD LOOSING HIM BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS SAY YOU RAISED AND RUN ONE OF THE BEST EVER TO HAVE A COLLAR AROUND THERE NECK!!!!!!!!

A little Slinger story....

I was getting back in the game, and got asked to judge the East Coast Masters at Pamplico. I said, heck yeah...wanted to see how these coyote hounds operated, and what was needed.

Saw the eventual hunt winner the fist 2 days and he looked real good .... but the last day another dog dominated the area from behind the camp to Will Tanner road and around the motel where we were...almost every race...all day. Turns out he was the high dog the 3rd day - BUT someone had him 'failing to hark'.

Well, turns out it was Slinger.

After the hunt, John was pretty upset naturally. I let him cool down some...and complimented him on his dog. Then I mentioned if he'd consider it, I had a gyp almost ready back home to breed to him if possible. John and his crowd were staying with Cley , which is very close to my house.

Anyway - never forget it, John says "You'd breed to a scratched dog ?? "

I said , "I didn't scratch him...and I saw all I needed to."

I've placed pups and grandpups off that cross.

Thanks John - For letting me breed to that "scratched dog" .

Re: A little Slinger story....

Hate to hear you lost slinger we have 6 pups off of sling bit and a sticker ***** hope they are as good as slinger hope he passes it on. If Leo acts right I might let him have the white one out the bunch

Slinger

Sorry to hear that John & Victor..I remember the first time I saw this Hound and I didn't have to ask if that was Slinger. It was obvious that he was a special hound....His name will appear on many many pedigrees for years to come....

Re: Slinger

Did you get any straws drawn before he died. It would be pretty cool to see him bred to a top notch female 10 years from now and start his bloodline over again.