​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hillbilly

How about them Blue Jays? As I predicted, they're slicing through the competition like a knife through re-enforced concrete.
As a help to your beloved Cards, I'd like to send a couple of top notch vets in Lind and Bonafacio to help steady your pennant drive. In return you could send to Toronto raw recruits Shelby and Oscar who are just kids and probably won't make it it the bigs.
Always glad to help.

Re: Hillbilly

P.S. To sweeten the pot even further, we might consider throwing manager John Gibbons into the deal after he pinch hit for Rasmus who had homered and singled in his first two at-bats and who's replacement let a fly ball go over his head in the ninth that may have cost Toronto the game.

MIGHT CONSIDER SOME KIDS OUT OF THE BULLPEN LIKE BOGGS AND ZEP....

Don't know Boggs and Zep is no longer a kid and you may have abused his arm. We'd settle for Rosenthal and maybe Matt Carpenter -- he's not gonna make folks forget Julian Javier as a second baseman.

BOGGS IS OUR CLOSER ZEP ISNT HURT AND I MIGHT EVEN THROW IN SALAS....

Ah, I couldn't take advantage of your good nature. Rosenthal would be fine and you could maybe just toss in that kid second baseman you've got stashed somewhere on the farm.

I WOULD IF I COULD BRING TOMMY HERR BACK IN HIS PRIME ON A 5 YEAR DEAL

Tommy Herr got over-shadowed by his double play partner but as I remember, he was a switch hitter and an outstanding glove man.
Cards had an outstanding second baseman when I first started watching baseball -- Red Schoendinst -- traded him to my Milwaukee Braves. After helping them to two Series appearances and one win, he developed tuberculosis, I think. Losing him put the Braves into a tail spin they never recovered from despite having Hank Aaron, Eddie Mathews and Warren Spahn on the roster.