​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gps question is it cheating

Is it cheating for a hunter to work game patrol in a large preserve and be doing so with his gps telling the judges where his dogs are going?

Re: Gps question is it cheating

Just my thoughts for what they're worth. I wouldn't say it's cheating, but it's probably a bad idea because of the appearance it gives. If you are in a game preserve judges usually work a certain area and if the dogs are in that area running game he should be attemting to get to them, so in my opinion this would not be an issue. Also, if the judge can get to the dog with a gps collar on there will probably be other dogs there too, and the dog being tracked may not be in a scoring position. If he is in scoring position he deserved the points he gets.

Is it legal to run a GPS collar that can be used to shock a dog off of a bay? Or a GPS with a seperate shock collar? Think about it, if someone has the ability to shock a dog off a bay so that he can continue on and not loose points by staying on a bay for an extended period of time, is it right or most of all legal?

Say 12 judges in a 1800 acre pen. One hunter ridding game patrol with his gps. Should he be in the pen following dogs and telling the judges what way his dogs are going. It might not matter if if their where in a smaller pen but when a judge is coveringthat much ground it could become unfair! Their forth cheating

Any hunter talking with a judge about dogs in and during the hunt is illegal.

any hunter that would do that would bear watching on anything that he does and branded as such

The hunt you are talking about the dog scored 430 S&D in a day, 1960 acre pen with 9 judges and 250 dogs. What a lucky dog!

If during a hunt you pick out your dogs mouth, assuming you know how to do that, and then tell. A judge where there is a good Pack running, is that legal ? whether you use your ears , gps , tracker. Or see your dog going I'n a direction, talking to a judge is not a good idea. A lie is a lie. A cheat is a cheat! Big or small. We all make mistakes, I said that to say this is a gps wronge? No. !!! Inaproperate actions are. Of course you knew that all ready! Call your brother out when you have too, he will do the same and we all will be a little better!

I like when my master does it !!!!

I don't like the idea of the garmin with the shockin collar during a field trial.

Just my two cents worth, but in my opinion, IF you have a dog running in a hunt, and I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE, you SHOULDNT be allowed inside the wire AT ALL ! There should be somebody NOT running in that hunt that does game patrol, or drink delivery or anything else !! Why should a person be allowed in there for any reason that has a dog in the hunt ??!! TOO MANY THINGS COULD HAPPEN AND BE SAID FOR IT !! Happy hunting !!

I have news for all of you The GPS along with cell phones is the latest and greatest way to cheat and that is absolutely a fact

I agree. Small pens 150 to 300 acres it dont play into an advantage..large pens,, absolutely..cells shouldnt be allowed in large enclosures..if you want your phone in case of emergency stsy at the fire barrel or camp..

Good post mr ronald!Listen to y'all's self ! You all sound like a bunch of da*n babbling cry baby's and if there is a problem please call 843-531-8243 I'm sick of everyone going back to Kyle Todd and saying he is a cheater I've been to half the hunts he has won and seen him run there's a reason why he does so until y'all got the balls to go run with him shut up and stay on the porch

Who said anything about Kyle? Does he ride game patrol while the hunt is going on? Why is he in the pen

Haha...lol.. that's funny..