​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hemphills Crazy Horse/ Trouble

I've read these two hounds can throw pups with great speed, but how can they hold up in 3 day hunts? Do they have any endurance or are they just fast hounds?

Re: Hemphills Crazy Horse/ Trouble

I can't speak for these two but we have a litter mate, Hemphill's Poncho whos pups will run 3 days with no problem. I have one of his pups sitting in the top 15 for HOY. The last hunt we ran her in the AA so she run 3 days when she is about 19mo old.

the hemphill hounds were speed dogs and very fast. they had lots of speed for one or two day hunts. three days could depend on what female they are bred to. jeff almand bred some female that should produce three day hounds to trouble. also it depend on how you train them.

I own himphills ace he is off of rocket littermate to ur ?.he has no problem running hours pluss he has also throwing pups that are winning not to mention the record he has 228 334 2517 if any ? Call me

Where's the Trouble Dog now ?

I THINK HE IS STILL @ JEFF ALMONDS.

I have a 12 month old gyp off of Trouble an Almands Sara Bates. I will sell her because I have pups on the way. She has been hunted very little before I got her. I have put her in one hunt she was 18th out of 35.... Young an needs lots of running have not seen any quit in her at all will bark every breath... She is reg this week with the horn. 601 508 8931. South ms text me..

some can but some cant they r not bread for 3 day some times u get lucky and get one but oneil dont run like that so he dont bread for 3 day dogs

Hemphills trouble not at jeffs he's in NC somewhere.

Let me say this about the three day and one day and the questions about Trouble and that bloodline. A lot depends on the bloodlines of the females but there is enough breeding in Trouble and his mates to do either.Lets take a look at the bloodlines.
First lets take his sire Hammerin Down Ben.Ben is by Almands Woodstock, One of the toughest hounds I have ever owned or ran with.NO MAN has ever seen him quit or weaken and if you were going to run with him you had better do it the first 5 hours because he was hard to run with after that.He was also a fast hound. Ben's Mom was Ch Spires' Sissy she won and placed in several three days. Ask the folks at the sandsifter's Fox Pen about her.
Now take His Dam.Hemphill's Reva Shane. It is true Mr. Oneal didnt three day her but look at her Sire Terrebonne's Benji. He and his Mates Terrebonne's Dusty,Terrebonne's Jenny,and Magee's Sticker. Several three days and never had a problem finishing and winning in them.Their Sire Pinedale Clown. Check his record and his offspring.Their Dam the immortal Terrebonne's Reba. WON many three day,one day,and 8 hour,and even 10 hour hunts.

Fellows I will say yes training is a lot and the dam of your pups is a lot. Also remember just because a hounds owner chooses not to run in three day hunts doesnt mean the hound is not capable.If anyone has any serious questions about any of these mates pups abilities or ancestors feel free to call 225-937-4669

Trouble is here in Rockingham N.C for breeding or any other info you can contact me.
910-431-9307

Thank yall for the info on these hounds. I have some gyps that go back to rocket and was just curious as to if taking them back to one of his three brothers would be a smart move for 3 day huntin. I like the way they move and they have plenty of speed, just didn't know how the toughness would pan out with a cross back on them.

Any time you breed them "tight" it's a gamble. The old timers around here always said if you like what you have why cross in something you don't know how it will work. A friend of mine once told me "Breed'em tight but be ready to cull'em hard". They make good farm dogs;).

Hemphill's Poncho(littermate to Rocket,Trouble,Crazy Horse) is here in southern Iowa give me a call 515 240 0345