​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Darlington Kids Fun Hunt May 25th

Bring the kiddos and join us Saturday May 25th at the Darlington Fox Pen for some great running and some good old fashioned fun! We will be having an all age hunt - running 4 hours in the big pen - $30.00 per dog - cast at daylight. Top 10 will receive trophies and ALL kids will receive something for entering a dog. Be prepared for lots of fun and surprises! Bench show, pie eating contest, sour face contest, sack races, hay ride and lots more! Kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch so no worries - just load up and head on out. For numbers please call Heather Sharkey @ 985-517-8072.

Re: Darlington Kids Fun Hunt May 25th

Looks like everyone is ready to come have a good time a lot of numbers out already hope to see everyone there call me are I can post the numbers on here thanks I will have the book not Harrell thanks

Hearther can I get 3 numbers please

can we get 4 numbers thanks

Mr Darren here are your numbers - 6 - 81 - 70. Thanks so much!

Buck Hunter Kennel here are your numbers - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25. Thanks so much!

So excited! Just got a donation of 12 collars for bench show prizes! Plus we already have a lot of numbers out! So glad to see kids getting involved and hunters supporting them!!!

Can I get two numbers please 😃 thanks😀!

Can I get 3 numbers please?

Skylar here are your numbers - 20 - 26. Thanks so much!

Jo Jo here are your numbers - 28 - 29 - 30. Thanks so much!

Thank you! Think this hunt is a great idea and see y'all there!

Got the trophy's ordered today they look good we have over 60 numbers out all ready thanks for the support Cole can't wait till the pie eating contest

Mr Johnny Lenard here is your number - 77. Thanks so much!

Mr Louis Glen is cooking a jambalaya for all the hunters for the hunt would just like to give him a big thanks for donating it for the hunt.
BIG THANKS

Mr Hunter Joiner will be giving bench show lessons to help the kids who is not use to showing dogs before bench show maybe I can sign Harrell up sorry just had to through that in.
THANKS Hunter

Btt

Btt

Top 5 predictions on sack race

Cameron Dowies 8 yrs. old

I predict Cole if there is a pie table at the finish line

Thanks Mr Richard Cogley for donating eggs! Now we can add an egg toss contest to the list of fun and games!!! Plus we will also be adding a hound barking contest and a coyote howling contest. Also Mr Jimmy and Ms Marcy McCoy have donated ice cream!!!! Man this is shaping up to be an awesome hunt. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please post them or give me a call or shoot me a text. Can't promise we can fit it all in this year but thinking this might become an annual thing and it's never too soon to start planning! Thanks so much for all the support and don't forget to spread the word! Can't have too many kiddos or dogs!

When is bench show going to be?

Sat after we catch up the dogs and waiting on the scores to be figured

Btt

Just wanted to let everyone know we are adding bobbing for apples to the list of fun!!! Also big thanks to Mr Dallas Dunaway for donating a piñata for the kiddos! I know they are going to love that!!! Over 80 numbers out so far but we will give out as many as we need to so please keep spreading the word! Super excited to get these kids involved in some good old fashioned outdoor fun and games and some good old hound running. Thanks so much for all your support!

Btt

Btt

Yeeeeaaaaaaaa!!!! Almost 100 numbers out!!! If you haven't be sure to call and get your numbers this week or just drive on up Saturday morning! Super excited - I know this is going to be an awesome hunt! If you want to come up Friday night we will be there with our kiddos chilling by the fire and enjoying some s'mores! Can't wait to see all the cute little faces and their dogs!

Is there a physical address to the pen? Thanks

Ok kiddos here's the line up for the fun and games Saturday. Since this is our first year and we aren't real sure on how many kids we are going to have we are going to be really flexible and just go with the flow. But here is the order of events so far!

4:00 am - 5:45 am Dog entry and pictures
6:00 am Cast time
6:00 am - 7:00 am Breakfast
7:00 am Hayride - from here times will vary depending upon how long each activity takes
Sack races
Sour face contest
Bobbing for apples
Egg toss
Pie eating contest
Piñata
Coyote howling/Hound barking contest
Ice Cream Social
Bench Show class
Bench Show
Pictures

I would like to try and make sure that every child gets a picture with their dog so if you don't get one during entry please be sure to hang around after the winners are announced and get one taken. I'll have my printer there so they can take it home with them!

Soooooooo excited about this hunt!!!!! I just know its going to be awesome!!!!!!

I'm so sorry Mr. Danny!!! I completely forgot I was supposed to post directions! Here you go and if anyone has any trouble finding the pen please call me or Harrell and we can meet you!

Heather - 985 517 8072
Harrell - 985 517 2519

Take the Greensburg/Fluker exit off of Interstate 55 and go west on Hwy 10. Travel approximately 15 miles. Take Hwy 448 to the south. Fox pen is 1/4 of a mile on the left. Look for white sign with orange writing.

There is no physical address for the pen itself but there is the Darlington Grocery store on Hwy 10 which is 1/4 mile north of the pen. The address for the store is 13827 Hwy 10 Greensburg, La 70441. If you can make it there just start looking for Hwy 448 and take it to the south.

See y'all there!!!!!!!!

Thanks the boys are mighty excited,they are ready for the fun .

Just wanted to make sure everybody knows the jambalaya dinner is part of your entry fee! The kitchen will be selling breakfast Saturday morning too so come hungry!!! The kids and I have been working all day getting things ready and we are really excited! Even picked up a few extra games at the party store! It's gonna be a great time! See y'all soon!!!

Btt

We can't wait till in the morning. I have been
to a lot of field trials and I get excited every
time but me and my family cannot wait till in
the morning. I have one grandson that is almost 3
and one that is two thats down from Illinois
we all are going to have a good time so come
join us for some good ole family fun.

Richard Cogley

My son is really excited he hadn't shut up talked about it all week sure glad to see y'all do this for tha kids. It's gonna be a lot of fun .

My little girl is 3 and she has asked me every day for the last week "when is my field trial game?" I can't help but laugh. She's very excited about it and I am too! Gonna be a great hunt. Glad y'all are putting this on. See everyone in the morning.

Harrell & Heather Sharkey
Bring the kiddos and join us Saturday May 25th at the Darlington Fox Pen for some great running and some good old fashioned fun! We will be having an all age hunt - running 4 hours in the big pen - $30.00 per dog - cast at daylight. Top 10 will receive trophies and ALL kids will receive something for entering a dog. Be prepared for lots of fun and surprises! Bench show, pie eating contest, sour face contest, sack races, hay ride and lots more! Kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch so no worries - just load up and head on out. For numbers please call Heather Sharkey @ 985-517-8072.

Thank-you for putting this hunt on for the children. For our fanily, this will be a yearly event. But this year is very special for us! Josh's Dad, Terry, is going through treatment for Cancer and in the past year he has given up most of his fox hunting. But he really wanted to do this hunt with his 5 grandchildren. I am so thankful for my son, Josh, and his wife, Tiffany, for making this all possible for Josh's dad, Terry. I cannot wait for them to get home and share all the stories and memories that they have from the event.!!!! THANKS and God Bless you! Anna Kee, Terry's wife and Josh's Mom

Thank you all so much for the support of this hunt! It was such an awesome blessing to see all those kiddos having fun together today. It didn't matter who knew who they were all instant friends! I'm so thankful for people like each and everyone of you that keep this sport alive. Young and old alike all had an awesome time together and so many great memories were made. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!