​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raw Pads!!!

Got some thats all the sudden busted their pads! Whats some remedies to help take out the soreness and heal em up the fastest while still running them regular?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Raw Pads!!!

Mix Hoof Flex paste and kopertox together into a thin paste and brush it on their feet every day or 2. Works well in the rocks of Missouri.....

The key is pretreatment... but will repair after it happens also.

I've always used Clorox. The dogs hate it but it works.

I use Clorox or pure pine oil

CLOROX 1st THEN PUT TUFF FOOT.THIS WILL FIX EM.

Had a couple of young dogs that showed promise, tried everything on them would get pads back on them go hunting and bust them first time out. Fellow hunter told me to soak feet in vinegar, Epsom salt, regular salt let dry and put iodine on em. Did this everyday for a week or so left them in pen for another week been running them ever since in the same pen no problems so far.

How do you use the bleach? Thanks.

Just dip the pads in the Clorox and hold them there. If the pads are busted or raw the dog ain't gonna like it but it really does work. Do this a couple times a week. The pads will start to toughen.

Mike Martin
Had a couple of young dogs that showed promise, tried everything on them would get pads back on them go hunting and bust them first time out. Fellow hunter told me to soak feet in vinegar, Epsom salt, regular salt let dry and put iodine on em. Did this everyday for a week or so left them in pen for another week been running them ever since in the same pen no problems so far.

Mike, How much vinegar, epsom salt and regular salt?

Thanks..

Mike how long have you been runing them since you did this.Thanks

Use Tuff foot tried everything else. Put it on them every day couple weeks and you will see.

Mix vinegar with Clorox and it does'nt burn them. Works great. I also would use some type of hoof flex, pad heal, etc. to keep them from drying out. Hope this helps.

Jeff
I have been running them for a few months with no problems

i mix about a pint of vinegar and a pint of water then introduce my salts

box of epson salt gallon of vinegar stand them in it at least few minutes each time......it works miracles