​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i need advice

i have a four year old beagle gyp that i got off a friend after this deer season. Shes fixed so she usually looks pretty fat and healthy. i feed every day and feed a good amount to all my dogs. But over the past two weeks she is getting small in her back end and loosing wieght slowly. she is still eating real good and i keep their water changed daily. She is also in a pen with two other gyp beagles and they look fine and fat. i called the local vet and they wanna run a tick disease test on her even though none of my dogs have had a tick this spring. Im not trying to cut corners with her but just seeking advice on maybe a better wormer that yal know of. Ive been worming all my dogs monthly with durvet liquid wormer 2x. like i said all my other dogs are fine but im wondering if some dogs mite not take to some wormers as well as others and if yal know of any thing i can do please let me know. im not above taking her to the vet but i sure would like to know some home remedies or meds i can use myself in the future. thanks..

Re: i need advice

I would try panacur 3 days in a row for (whip) worms. Sometimes they will make a dog get small in the rearend ive been told

I agree with Charlie on the wormer, but go ahead and start her on doxycycline as well. If she has any of the tick bourne diseases that will clear it up. Give 2 100mg tabs per day for ten days. Best to give one in the morning and then on in the evening but if that isn't possible give two one time per day.

thanks guys