​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CHRA ORG.

Marc, please explain how you can book a hunt in three weeks, get judges, and hunters make plans to attend. The organization was founded in Louisiana, so it's normal that the first year, it's hard to get pens involved, but if you'll check, Mississippi held more all age hunts than La.

Didn't You mean big creek held more hunts in ms board memeber?

You babies need to buy you a video game or a deck of cards. Sit down, play a game and cry like hell when you can not win or do not get your way. I do hope these are children that are posting all the "we all get a trophy whether we placed or not" posts instead of adults at least over the age of 30. I did not go lower on age because the country is going to pot! Start an organization and make your own rules.

Your rules: We idiots show up, run at a pen where someone else may have an advantage, know this before we get there but go any way. Then cry like a new born when we lose. For God's sake. Spend your money on a good dog. Save up the gas and pen fee. Go run the feet of him or her.

But please, stay off the computer and Masterfox with your crying and belly aching. If you do not have a pen, build one. If you can not build one, lease one. If you can not lease, your options are to go run at one or quit. Go buy yourself a trophy and quit. It would make your kind just as happy.

P.S. I do own a pen but have not placed in a hunt in Louisiana or Mississippi. If I cry you will know who I am. Not Tom, Dick or Harry. The no nut (I mean no name) posters.

Hancock

Lol y'all bunch of cry babies grow a set we put on one all age hunt in picayune asked everyone if they had a problem with it no one had objection to it never run in any puppy hunt we put on man up get you something that can get in a race and quit crying like a lil girl

I think Harold has done an exceptional job getting the association off to a good start, I would agree that it has room for improvements as any thing would that is in the beginning stages. As I read some of the post I realize they are ideas I agree and some I don't, but most have already been addressed. The points for each hunt by entries is posted on the CRHA page so you can keep up with your points, as hunters we need to make sure the results are posted on the web page, then we will know they are counted. Any hunt has to be advertised on the CRHA site for atlest 3 weeks before it can count, so that should answer the question of pop up hunts. The question on competing with big kennels have been addressed, they are 6 grade one hunts that will count for twice the points and they are in multiple states, and the finals will count for three times a normal hunt. So you can plan to attend those 7 hunts in a year and not have to hit a field trial every weekend, and still compete for KOY and HOY. I tend to agree with the running alone not getting 35 points, but the question was asked earlier on the message board and most hunters that responded were in favor of it. It has been nice being able to watch dogs win hunts from Al. to Tx., from 3hr to 3 days, out-side to in-side the wire, and puppy hunts to derby hunts by having a system that keeps up with the puppy and one day hounds, that would not have been possible without an association like the CRHA. I'm sure it will continue to evolve, and hopefully those of us that enjoy one day hunting will continue to have a measuring stick for our hounds with a system that mite not be perfect, but in my opinion is on the rite track.

Question aren't u the Alabama rep

Yes sir. That is correct.

He uses his name. Did you forget yours?

Hancock

I would personally like to thank Harrell and the CHRA. It has gotten more hunters involved in Field Trialing. Not everyone can 3 day hunt. But for me the most important thing it has done along with the Mississippi Dog Hunting Association, is raise a lot of money to help people in need weather it be sickness or spreading GOD's word. So when all you negative people try to tear something down you don't quite understand, look in the mirror and ask What Would Jesus Do. Thanks again to the CHRA, all the judges and hunters who make this happen. And if anyone has any questions about this statement please fill free to call me. 228-363-2195

I got a babbling male hound that got a crying mouth and quits sire I think is big creek boy free to who ever can tolerate him

Lol wow there is some jealous people in this world keep crying and posting under no names and will keep doing what we are doing

JW, I agree, things aren't perfect on CRHA rules and probably won't ever please everyone. In that being said, there are several rules that if I were the sole decision, I would change, but from conversations that I've had with other hunters, they would not be pleased with my choices, so you can't make everyone happy. As for as the hunts, I'm not aware of any pen being denied to host a CRHA hunt. Hunts were held in La., Miss., ALA., Tx., and Missouri. Some pens host more hunts. that's their choice, as long as they are not limited to a particular number of dogs, everybody has a choice whether to attend or not.
The theory of not allowing hunters or dogs to compete in hunts because they win, is unfair to the men and women who sacrifice their time and hard work to prepare for hunts. I've seen guys that complain about the cost of going to hunts or the price of dogs, while they have their coolers full of adult beverages, life is about choices. Most of the hunters I know that are successful in the one day hunts are hard working people, that choose to put in the time it takes to win.
As JW stated, there will be grade 1 hunts worth more points, than regular hunts. Dog hunting is an expensive sport, with pen fees, field trial entry fees and feed and worming, and maintaining your dogs. There will always be someone that has more time and or money than others, but that's what makes it fun and a challenge, to compete against the guys that have more resources than you.
I applaud the guys that win the big hunts, competing against them gives me a sense of pride, when i'm lucky enough to place ahead of them.
I think Big Creek, Tic and others have proved the so called one day dogs can compete with anybody, anywhere, and have prompted me to try and set aside three days in the future to test my hounds. Time does not permit me to attend the three day hunts, but I like watching which dogs can do it all. Good luck and good hunting.

We think it's a good organization we are not rich and still can afford to put dogs in hunts this organization helps us enjoy hunts with our kids and also go to work during the week. The organization has done nothing but good for many different causes the only negatives that I've heard is from people that can't run these hunts by rules and the guide lines that the crha has set. For us it has been a good experience and will keep going to these hunts. So all the negative talk about the crha I hope will be over looked and discarded cause all u that talks negative about a good cause is only hurting themselves.

I'M GLAD THAT THERE IS A ONE DAY ORGANIZATION THAT ALLOWS THE ONE DAY HUNTER BE AWARDED FOR THERE HARD WORK.TO BE COMPETE YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD & SACRIFICE A LOT OF THINGS TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE WITH BIG CREEK,TIC,JIMMY McCOY,& SEVERAL OTHERS.I HAVE NOT BEEN TO A HUNT THIS YEAR & IT BE A CAKE WALK.THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE GOOD HOUNDS NOW DAYS.WHEN YOU CAST YOUR DOGS YOU BETTER HAVE DONE YOUR PART BEFORE YOU GET TO THE HUNTS.THAT IS WHY A LOT OF THE SAME KENNELS WIN A LOT CAUSE THEY WORK HARDER,NOT CAUSE PEOPLE ARE CHEATING.HAULING JUDGES WHAT EVER.

GLAD WE HAVE A PLACE & ORGANIZATION SO WE CAN COMPETE.WE LIVE SO FAR FROM MOST HUNTS THAT WE CAN'T MAKE AS MANY AS SOME KENNELS SO THAT KILLS US AS FAR AS HOY &KOY BUT THAT IS OK TOO.WE TRY TO MAKE THE ONES WE CAN & HOPE FOR THE BEST

THAT IS MY TWO CENTS..

I think we should ask RODNEY SPIVEY IT SEEMS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING!!!!!!

I know that we have held two annual one day CHRA hunts in Picayune ( HOPE OUTDOORS)
And we where lucking enough to have a lot of hunters and I feel a lot of the hunters showed because of CHRA!!
Not to mention we raised between 6 and 7000 dollars in each hunt!!
Thanks Harold and the CHRA Board!!!

Should probably be CRHA. GOD BLESS US ALL.

Big H how many CRHA hunts have you attended, entered, or judged????? I would be willing to bet not that much but you got your nose in everything. Second how long have you owned your pen an now you put your name out there like you a big time pen owner but how many hunts where held at your pen????? ALL MOUTH AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

None. Computer cowboy.

Just like to thank everyone for there support just as Worm and Greg said its been a pleasure to be a part of knowing we raised over $80,000 in benefit hunts I know the family's have been really greatful look forward to the 2016 year to try to double it. One thing a lot forget about is the fellowship at the bench shows and the youth and kids getting involved and seeing there Picts on the web page.
Thanks again for a great first year

You are right Harlod !!!
Sometimes it's not about the trophy or the Calcutta money!
It's about the kids involved and the people you help!
All I can tell you is , being involved in a CHRA benefit hunt!!
It will make a deference to someone's life!!
( HOPEOUTDOORS)

pee wee if your opinion is needed we will ask

WE???WE WHO ?

I like the way they dealt with cheaters. They did not play there little games. They had proof an done it right. Good job to those on the board.

Clown!!!

I love to one day hunt. My wife will let me be away 7 hours from her sight once a month and it is so great .I wish the cast times could be moved latter as my laundry and other domestic duties must be shifted and scheduled as to not anger the Mrs.Maybe cast at 9am.

As far as cheaters , there is different organizations looking into other issues that are more serious than worrying about a dog to old!!!!!!!