WELCOME TO
"WESTWOOD ALUMNI FORUM"

WESTWOOD ALUMNI
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum posting and and guide lines

Welcome to the Westwood Message Forum. This message forum was once a busy place until Facebook came along and after that, most everyone including myself, decided to join and move to Facebook and stopped visiting here on a regular basis.

I have decide to try and revive our Westwood forum because we have friends who don’t like to use FB but would still like to keep up to date with other Westwood friends. I’m not trying to persuade anyone to stop posting on Facebook. I am just offering an alternative forum to use to post on without all of the ads and garbage that is on FB. There are advantages and disadvantages to using our message forum. The advantage is that this message forum is part of the Westwood website and I pay to keep it ad free. I also monitor it closely to prevent those who would want to cause problems or post inappropriate subjects or use foul language. You don’t have to join or be a member of anything because this forum is open to the public. The disadvantage is that, unless you know how to use HTML code or copy and paste URL’s or images, it is not as user friendly as FB, as far as sharing subjects or photos that you may like or think others might like to see. You can still use FB for those type post.

There may be issues to resolve in the future as folks start posting but we will have to work through them one a time. I hope you enjoy your experience here and I will do what I can to help with any problems.
Thanks
Benny

Re: Forum posting and and guide lines

Hey Benny, I'm here! I love this site and visit more often than I post. I love looking at the old pics. Thanks for keeping this up and running! Love you.

By the way how do I get my pic up where every time I post it is there like yours?

By the way how do I get my pic up where every time I post it is there like yours?

Delores, if you want a photo to show up beside your post you will have to send me the photo that you want to use. If you have one on FB that you want me to use, let me know which one and I will save the photo to our forum storage and I will give you the information you need to post it here.

I'm here also! You can use the pic of my hubby and me in circle on my FB header for my picture! Thanks for all you do! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Hi, Benny!
I'm here too. Great work on the website. Looks 'fantabulous'! :)

Delores, here is a photo that I saw with your photo's on your FB time line. Would you like to use it?

Linda Gail Kennedy
I'm here also! You can use the pic of my hubby and me in circle on my FB header for my picture! Thanks for all you do! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Merry Christmas to you and Jack, too. Linda Gail.

Here is the photo you said you wanted to use.

To get it to appear beside your post copy the code below . . . without the brackets

( http://forum.westwoodhighschoolmemphis.com/forum1/LindaGail-tb.png )

When you start to post here and it ask for your Name:, Email:, Avatar:, and Subject, paste it into the block that says Avatar URL: .

Once you do that, it should show up each time you do a post.
I also suggest you store the code in a document somewhere in case you need to use it again. I always keep a copy of the code so if you should misplace it, I can give it to you again.

Cheryl Haynes
Hi, Benny!
I\'m here too. Great work on the website. Looks \'fantabulous\'! :)
Glad to see you here, Cheryl. If you want to use a photo with your post, you know the drill. :wink:

Yes I do, Benny. I was trying to find a nice pic of Raquel Welch to use. BTW...I haven't written the simple HTML codes in so long it took me a bit to recover. I need to hone my skills again.

Benny Goodman
Cheryl Haynes
Hi, Benny!
I\\\\\\\'m here too. Great work on the website. Looks \\\\\\\'fantabulous\\\\\\\'! :)
Glad to see you here, Cheryl. If you want to use a photo with your post, you know the drill. :wink:

OK Benny.... here goes!

Trying again?

Linda Gail Kennedy
Trying again?
You got it, Linda Gail.