Return to Website

Spiritual Warfare Forum

Welcome to the Arsenal for Global Warfare Forum. Post your comments, questions, answers, insights, thoughts, experiences, articles or anything valuable to the Body of Christ for the glory of Jesus. This place is also intended as a virtual fellowship room for warriors--- a place where strength, encouragement, confirmation, exhortation, support and wisdom may be given or received. If you have prayer requests, please use the Prayer Forum.

Spiritual Warfare Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Heritage of Victory - Part 1 of 3

OUR HERITAGE OF VICTORY - Part 1 "Voice of the Watchman"

The following is an "outline form" Bible Study on a very good promise in God's Word for the serants of the Lord. If you are a servant of the Lord, then this is for you. - Jim Coldiron

MAIN TEXT : Isaiah 54:15-17 " 15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, [but] not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. 16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. 17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD. "

I. THERE ARE PROMISES TO THE CHURCH, AND PROMISES TO ISRAEL AND JUDAH... BUT THIS PROMISE IS TO THE SERVANTS OF THE LORD... AND THAT INCLUDES US.

You see here a description of the battle that the servants of God (light) and the servants of darkness... the spirit of this world hates you if you belong to God...

John 16:33 " These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. "

Some other translations of Isaiah 54:15-17 for comparison:

Isaiah 54:15-17 (NAS) " 15 "If anyone fiercely assails you it will not be from Me. Whoever assails you will fall because of you.
16 "Behold, I Myself have created the smith who blows the fire of coals, And brings out a weapon for its work; And I have created the destroyer to ruin.
17 "No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.

Isaiah 54:15-17 (Emphasized Bible) " 15 "If anyone fiercely assails you it will not be from Me. Whoever assails you will fall because of you.16 "Behold, I Myself have created the smith who blows the fire of coals, And brings out a weapon for its work; And I have created the destroyer to ruin.
17 "No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD."

Isaiah 54:14-17 (New Jerusalem Bible) " 14 In saving justice you will be made firm, free from oppression: you will have nothing to fear; free from terror: it will not approach you. 15 Should anyone attack you, that will not be my doing, and whoever does attack you, for your sake will fall. 16 I created the smith who blows on the charcoal-fire to produce a weapon for his use; I also created the destroyer to ruin it. 17 No weapon forged against you will succeed. Any voice raised against you in court you will refute. Such is the lot of the servants of Yahweh, the saving justice I assure them, declares Yahweh."

The promise is for opposition... but don't worry, they won't win. It might look like they are going to, but... 1 John 4:4 " Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. "

Here is a description of overcomers: those who have victory. How do you get this heritage?

[ You have to be Servants ]

1. It is an inheritance, something that belongs to you. We become joint-heirs with Jesus Christ not only in His coming reign, but in His victory over the Devil and sin in this life.

THE WORD HERITAGE IS USED!

Heritage = Hebrew nachalah {nakh-al-aw'} in the KJV: inheritance 192 times, heritage 27 times, inherit 2 times, possession 1 time; 222 times total. It means possession and property, or inheritance... heritage.

We under the New Covenant also have an inheritance or heritage. We are the servants of the Lord under the New Covenant and we have this promise as well. It is our heritage.

Romans 8:16-17 " 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together. "

Luke 22:29-30 " 29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; 30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. "

Note however that there is a difference in having an inheritance and possessing it by faith. What we want to learn from this study is how to possess or heritage or inheritance of victory. The Children of Israel had an inheritance of the Promised Land... but they had to by faith go and run out the enemies that had squatted there. They had to possess the promise.

Continued in Part 2

Our Heritage of Victory - Part 2 of 3

OUR HERITAGE OF VICTORY Part 2

2. The servants of the Lord. What is a servant? He is someone who tends to and adheres to another. I lose my will to God and replace it with His will.

Titus 1:1 " Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Galatians 1:10 " For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

2 Peter 1:1 " Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: "

1 Corinthians 7:21-23 " 21 (KJV) Art thou called [being] a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use [it] rather. 22 For he that is called in the Lord, [being] a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, [being] free, is Christ's servant. 23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. "

1 Corinthians 7:21-23 (New Jerusalem Bible) " 21 So, if when you were called, you were a slave, do not think it matters -- even if you have a chance of freedom, you should prefer to make full use of your condition as a slave. 22 You see, anyone who was called in the Lord while a slave, is a freeman of the Lord; and in the same way, anyone who was free when called, is a slave of Christ.
23 You have been bought at a price; do not be slaves now to any human being. "

1 Corinthians 7:21-23 (NAS) " 21 Were you called while a slave? Do not worry about it; but if you are able also to become free, rather do that. 22 For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord's freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.""

3. I do things not because I want to do them, but because I love God and He wants me to. I am His servant and He is the one in control today.

1 Corinthians 6:20 " For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. "

To have the promise, you have to be a servant of the Lord and walk in "His Righteousness". Too many today have compromised with a life of sin and worldliness and compromised with the very force that threatens them. AND WE WONDER WHY WE DON'T HAVE THE VICTORY ANYMORE?

1 Corinthians 10:21-22 " But I [say], that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?"

MANY ARE SHUTTING GOD OUT OF YOUR LIFE THROUGH COMPROMISE... AND THERE IS A SPIRIT OF REBELLION THAT MAKES PEOPLE SERVANTS OF SIN INSTEAD OF GOD!

1 Samuel 15:22 " And Samuel said, Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king. "

[ Those who have the Righteousness of the Lord ]

"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5:21)

Romans 3:22 " Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:"

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God."

2 Corinthians 5:21 " For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

WE ARE MADE INTO THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS. HE BRINGS PURE GOODNESS THROUGH US. AND WE DO IT IN HIS POWER AND THROUGH HIM:

Continued in Part 3

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The following is an "outline form" Bible Study on a very good promise in God's Word for the serants of the Lord. If you are a servant of the Lord, then this is for you. - Jim Coldiron

MAIN TEXT : Isaiah 54:15-17 " 15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, [but] not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. 16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. 17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD. "

I. THERE ARE PROMISES TO THE CHURCH, AND PROMISES TO ISRAEL AND JUDAH... BUT THIS PROMISE IS TO THE SERVANTS OF THE LORD... AND THAT INCLUDES US.

You see here a description of the battle that the servants of God (light) and the servants of darkness... the spirit of this world hates you if you belong to God...

John 16:33 " These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. "

Isaiah 54:15-17 (NAS) " 15 "If anyone fiercely assails you it will not be from Me. Whoever assails you will fall because of you.
16 "Behold, I Myself have created the smith who blows the fire of coals, And brings out a weapon for its work; And I have created the destroyer to ruin.
17 "No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.

Isaiah 54:15-17 (Emphasized Bible) " 15 "If anyone fiercely assails you it will not be from Me. Whoever assails you will fall because of you.16 "Behold, I Myself have created the smith who blows the fire of coals, And brings out a weapon for its work; And I have created the destroyer to ruin.
17 "No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD."

Isaiah 54:14-17 (New Jerusalem Bible) " 14 In saving justice you will be made firm, free from oppression: you will have nothing to fear; free from terror: it will not approach you. 15 Should anyone attack you, that will not be my doing, and whoever does attack you, for your sake will fall. 16 I created the smith who blows on the charcoal-fire to produce a weapon for his use; I also created the destroyer to ruin it. 17 No weapon forged against you will succeed. Any voice raised against you in court you will refute. Such is the lot of the servants of Yahweh, the saving justice I assure them, declares Yahweh."

The promise is for opposition... but don't worry, they won't win. It might look like they are going to, but... 1 John 4:4 " Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. "

Here is a description of overcomers: those who have victory. How do you get this heritage?

1. It is an inheritance, something that belongs to you. We become joint-heirs with Jesus Christ not only in His coming reign, but in His victory over the Devil and sin in this life.

Heritage = Hebrew nachalah {nakh-al-aw'} in the KJV: inheritance 192 times, heritage 27 times, inherit 2 times, possession 1 time; 222 times total. It means possession and property, or inheritance... heritage.

We under the New Covenant also have an inheritance or heritage. We are the servants of the Lord under the New Covenant and we have this promise as well. It is our heritage.

Romans 8:16-17 " 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together. "

Luke 22:29-30 " 29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; 30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. "

Note however that there is a difference in having an inheritance and possessing it by faith. What we want to learn from this study is how to possess or heritage or inheritance of victory. The Children of Israel had an inheritance of the Promised Land... but they had to by faith go and run out the enemies that had squatted there. They had to possess the promise.

Continued in Part 2

Our Heritage of Victory - Part 3 of 3

OUR HERITAGE OF VICTORY Part 3

II. IN VERSE 16, THERE IS A PROMISE THAT GOD GIVES THAT HE HAS THE POWER TO PROTECT AND EVEN REPAY THOSE WHO RISE UP AGAINST YOU.

1. You see that God has formed all that can be used as a weapon... He is God over top of it. Why are you afraid of that which God has made and has authority over if He is on your side?

John 19:11 " Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin. "

Psalm 2:1-5 " 1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, [saying], 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. "

WHEN WE CLOTHE OURSELVES IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, THEN THE WEAPONS THAT ARE FORMED AGAINST US FALL SHORT AND DO NOT PROSPER AGAINST US.

THEY SHALL NOT PROSPER - IT IS A PROMISE!

1. The attack that comes against us will not do what Satan intends for it to do.
It will not PROSPER : Hebrew tsaw-lay'-akh = to succeed or overcome.

Romans 8:26-28 " 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. "

We must move in the power and presence of God in order to receive this promise:

Ephesians 6:10-11 "10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

Be strong IN THE LORD and in the POWER OF HIS MIGHT. How can the attack of Satan conquer us with God in us?

Romans 8:31,35-37 "31. What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?"
"8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than CONQUERORS through him that loved us."

NO MATTER WHAT THE DART IS, WHEN YOU CLOTHE YOURSELF IN JESUS, HE WILL DEFLECT IT FROM YOU : "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." (Ephesians 6:16)

HEY! ITS NOT GOING TO WIN... doesn't matter what it is or where it came from... this is your heritage... it's a promise from God that you can by faith stand on.

2 Corinthians 1:20 " For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. "

2. He is the author and finisher of your faith. HE WILL DO WHAT HE SAYS HE WILL DO.....

IF THAT DART IS : a. tribulation b. distress c. persecution d. famine e. nakedness d. peril e. sword,

Luke 10:19 " Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. "

IT SIMPLY DOES NOT MATTER, IT WILL NOT OVERCOME YOU WHEN YOU ARE MORE THAN A CONQUEROR !!!

Colossians 2:13-15 "13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

You have a promise... a heritage of the servants of the Lord... that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. The weapons will be formed, but they shall not prosper. If you find yourself under an attack, then fight the good fight of FAITH! Its about faith! Claim this promise from God's Word. It is to the "servants of the Lord". Submit first to God and be His servant, and He will rise up in you and the weapon or device raised against you shall not work... it will not prosper.

James 4:7 " Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. "

May God bless you!

FireStorm

Copyrighted © 2002, 2003 by James Coldiron

Let me extend to you an invitation to visit us at Warriors of God

Replying to:

OUR HERITAGE OF VICTORY Part 2

2. The servants of the Lord. What is a servant? He is someone who tends to and adheres to another. I lose my will to God and replace it with His will.

Titus 1:1 " Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Galatians 1:10 " For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

2 Peter 1:1 " Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: "

1 Corinthians 7:21-23 " 21 (KJV) Art thou called [being] a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use [it] rather. 22 For he that is called in the Lord, [being] a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, [being] free, is Christ's servant. 23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. "

1 Corinthians 7:21-23 (New Jerusalem Bible) " 21 So, if when you were called, you were a slave, do not think it matters -- even if you have a chance of freedom, you should prefer to make full use of your condition as a slave. 22 You see, anyone who was called in the Lord while a slave, is a freeman of the Lord; and in the same way, anyone who was free when called, is a slave of Christ.
23 You have been bought at a price; do not be slaves now to any human being. "

1 Corinthians 7:21-23 (NAS) " 21 Were you called while a slave? Do not worry about it; but if you are able also to become free, rather do that. 22 For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord's freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.""

3. I do things not because I want to do them, but because I love God and He wants me to. I am His servant and He is the one in control today.

1 Corinthians 6:20 " For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. "

To have the promise, you have to be a servant of the Lord and walk in "His Righteousness". Too many today have compromised with a life of sin and worldliness and compromised with the very force that threatens them. AND WE WONDER WHY WE DON'T HAVE THE VICTORY ANYMORE?

1 Corinthians 10:21-22 " But I [say], that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?"

MANY ARE SHUTTING GOD OUT OF YOUR LIFE THROUGH COMPROMISE... AND THERE IS A SPIRIT OF REBELLION THAT MAKES PEOPLE SERVANTS OF SIN INSTEAD OF GOD!

1 Samuel 15:22 " And Samuel said, Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king. "

[ Those who have the Righteousness of the Lord ]

"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5:21)

Romans 3:22 " Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:"

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God."

2 Corinthians 5:21 " For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

WE ARE MADE INTO THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS. HE BRINGS PURE GOODNESS THROUGH US. AND WE DO IT IN HIS POWER AND THROUGH HIM:

Continued in Part 3

Replying to:

Continued in Part 2