Return to Website

Spiritual Warfare Forum

Welcome to the Arsenal for Global Warfare Forum. Post your comments, questions, answers, insights, thoughts, experiences, articles or anything valuable to the Body of Christ for the glory of Jesus. This place is also intended as a virtual fellowship room for warriors--- a place where strength, encouragement, confirmation, exhortation, support and wisdom may be given or received. If you have prayer requests, please use the Prayer Forum.

Spiritual Warfare Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Disturbing Dream

My christian daughter has become so rebellious I often don't even want to come home anymore. This weekend I had a dream that really disturbed me.

I noticed several very dark bruises on my arms and pulled open my shirt to see just how much of my body was bruised. On each umm.. breast was an oval piece of celophane. Curious, I pulled the celophane from the left side, and there was green slimy rotting flesh. I looked at both of my forearms again and they too had the celophane on each arm. I pulled it off of my left forearm and again revealed green slimey rotting flesh. I looked up and saw my daughter and she was smiling at me with an evil grin. I screamed at her, "YOU did this to me!!" and I ran after her. She laughed and stood there as I screamed at her and slapped her many times in the face and head and she continued to laugh at me. I also remember hitting her with a towel. I just wanted her to stop laughing and to feel sorry for what she'd done but I couldn't get that from her. I woke up very upset, and couldn't get the dream out of my mind the whole day. I also wondered why I didn't pull the celophane off of the right forearm and breast.. I just left them alone. Does anyone have any insight for me?

Re: Disturbing Dream - Interpretation

I submitted this dream on another message board and was so amazed by the interpretation I received I thought I'd post it so perhaps it can be a blessing to you too. The Holy Spirit absolutely gave this person the message I needed and her interpretation was right on. Thanks!

the dreams illustrates the fact that your wounds are covered over but rotting underneath. i believe it says that you haven't recieved healing from God in certain areas [areas concerning your daughter- breasts here symbolise motherhood] but you are covering them over in some way, perhaps by not admitting the full extent of them or some failure on your part etc. That is why you didnt take the cellophane away- but you can, by bringing your hurts to our Healer. The rest of the dream is showing what it is happening to you. It speaks to me of a drive in you to control your daughters wrong behaviour, and in this instance not for the motive of protecting her- but to protect yourself from being further wounded by her. You firstly accuse her of injuring you [which i'm sure she has done ] You are furious- and you want her to be sorry for it. It is clear that you are trying to get her to pay back the debt you think she owes you- and that is the definition of unforgiveness. It is driving you crazy- because you can't convict or change her- only God can. i think you are trying to get from your daughter what only God can give you. He loves you, and in Him you can be safe and valued. God is showing you all this- not to condemn you but to heal those rotting wounds and your relationship with your daughter. Mercy triumphs over judgement- both words imply guilt. Your daughter does owe you- but God asks that we release people as he has released us. It doesn't mean forgetting or denying what happened or even necessarily trusting them again. But it means loving them and treating them right regardless. It feels like death at times- and it is- death of our flesh. Forgiving your daughter will heal you, and will cause her to know yours and God's love more, which is the thing that will help her in the long run. Acccusing her will only make her run further. Admitting your own faults will definately heal some things. I know it must be very difficult- but having this dream shows that God thinks you are ready to handle this- with His help. God bless you with courage to peel back the layers covering your wounds and with the strength to love like He does. May you know the beauty of God's love for you.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My christian daughter has become so rebellious I often don't even want to come home anymore. This weekend I had a dream that really disturbed me.

I noticed several very dark bruises on my arms and pulled open my shirt to see just how much of my body was bruised. On each umm.. breast was an oval piece of celophane. Curious, I pulled the celophane from the left side, and there was green slimy rotting flesh. I looked at both of my forearms again and they too had the celophane on each arm. I pulled it off of my left forearm and again revealed green slimey rotting flesh. I looked up and saw my daughter and she was smiling at me with an evil grin. I screamed at her, "YOU did this to me!!" and I ran after her. She laughed and stood there as I screamed at her and slapped her many times in the face and head and she continued to laugh at me. I also remember hitting her with a towel. I just wanted her to stop laughing and to feel sorry for what she'd done but I couldn't get that from her. I woke up very upset, and couldn't get the dream out of my mind the whole day. I also wondered why I didn't pull the celophane off of the right forearm and breast.. I just left them alone. Does anyone have any insight for me?