Return to Website

Spiritual Warfare Forum

Welcome to the Arsenal for Global Warfare Forum. Post your comments, questions, answers, insights, thoughts, experiences, articles or anything valuable to the Body of Christ for the glory of Jesus. This place is also intended as a virtual fellowship room for warriors--- a place where strength, encouragement, confirmation, exhortation, support and wisdom may be given or received. If you have prayer requests, please use the Prayer Forum.

Spiritual Warfare Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Godly Dreams vs. Flesh Dreams

Hi Leo and Zeny,

Lately, I have been troubled over my dream life. To be frank, I have always had dreams. Many of them supernatural (so I believe) and some that were quite fleshly. Moreover, I want you both to know that I've learned not to solely depend on my dream life to direct me concerning knowing and understanding God's will and purpose for my life. The reason being, I know satan is real and that he loves to counterfeit the things of God. To combat his deception, I pray and rely on the Holy Spirit to interpret my dreams and give me discernment. Still, I cannot help but wonder if these "supernatural" dreams truly are from God. My question to you both is, "Is it possible for a Christian believer to dream about being in ministry, see themselves performing a supernatural work with signs and wonders and miracles following, and later discover that they were not from God?" I realize this may sound like I'm doubting the Word of God and the many prophecies that I have received from men and women of God in ministry over the years, but I need some direction regarding dreams and my dream life. Additionally, I have been attending a particular church since 1999, and truly believe that God led me there; His presence and anointing is abiding there; and the Shepherd's over this house has a heart after God. Yet, there are times that I feel so disconnected. Although I'm looked upon by the Pastors and others in the church as a lead intercessor, prayer warrior, soul-winner, and seasoned saint, I find myself reluctant to extend my services beyond these roles. Despite the fact that there are known areas of need within the Church, e.g. nursery workers, sunday school workers/helpers, etc. I really do have a burden for lost souls and every opportunity that I get to witness and be a witness I avail myself to. Can you offer a possible reason why I find myself reluctant to commit to other areas?

Lastly, I want to share my lastest dream that I had a couple nights ago that involved ministry/deliverance. In this particular dream, I was sitting in a eating establishment. I remember getting up from the table and noticing that I was carrying a a pot of water (the kind that I usually cook my redbeans in). I proceeded to walk forward, I noticed my pastors sitting at another table. I did not acknowledge them and looked in the opposite direction. I saw three females in a group talking. I approached one of them and struck up a conversation. Apparently, the conversation shifted because the next thing I recall was my sharing with the group how they needed to find time spend alone with God and how easy it was. One of the ladies responded by saying, "having children made it difficult for her to find time alone to get in His presence." I explained to her that she had to learn how to "shut down" her mind and communicate with God using her spirit man. Again a shifting in the dream occurred, and I saw my pastors approached me and the group of ladies. The Pasor's wife struck of a conversation and I heard her extend a church invitation to the ladies. One of the ladies (I can still vividly recall her face) asked if we had healing in our church. The Pastor's wife responded by saying "yes, do you need healing?" The lady responded with a yes, and immediately she began to foam at the mouth and spit up globs of "guke." At that point, I ran to get a broom and mop to clean up the mess. When I returned, I saw another young lady name Sara, who is also a "soul winner" at church, kneeling at this lady's feet. I also saw Sis. Flo who is a "prayer warrior" at church standing besides the lady. Another shifting occurred, and I heard the Pastor's wife turned to her husband and say, "Do you see this miracle of deliverance God has performed before our very eyes?" At that point, she proclaimed, I wish we had a camera so we could capture what God has done. I ran to retrieve one and woke up. In light of what I have stated about dreams and my dream life, can you tell me if this type of dreaming is common in the Body of Christ? I will tell you both that I have had many of these type dreams (and even witness actual manifestations)in the last 38 years and most of them have involved salvation, deliverance, healing, etc.

Any insight you can provide would be helpful. I've gone through so much in my life and even now find myself in the midst of a fiery furnance. I really believe these dreams are from God, and the enemy is trying everything in the natural realm as well as the spirit realm to make me doubt that the things God has revealed is not of Him, or that they will never happen because of my turbulent life.

Thanks for a listening ear.

God Bless.

Idella