Return to Website

Spiritual Warfare Forum

Welcome to the Arsenal for Global Warfare Forum. Post your comments, questions, answers, insights, thoughts, experiences, articles or anything valuable to the Body of Christ for the glory of Jesus. This place is also intended as a virtual fellowship room for warriors--- a place where strength, encouragement, confirmation, exhortation, support and wisdom may be given or received. If you have prayer requests, please use the Prayer Forum.

Spiritual Warfare Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Obedience vs manpleasing...

I wanted to share something that had happened to me because it may help someone else. I had a prob;em with being a man/woamn pleaser because I know I was not called or chosen to please man but God. However,I am to obey, honor and respect authority. One day I had hit a rock in a hard place when I knew what God had told me but a man of authority kept telling me "no, not yet" thai had me baffled because I knew what I heard in prayer that my season was over in that certain area of my ministry...Okay I was saddened, bitterness had form with hurt, anger and even a critical spirit. I was not one to gossip but ir formed as well. I mean all hell had broke loose on my life and it seemed like I was getting it from God and satan at the same time. So afterwards, I prayed and I went back and apologized for my attitude, emotional outburst and the behavior that followed it. I know that obedience is better than sacrfice and when I get stuck in that corner when I know God is right I stick with God and tell Him to handle the one that has authority over me so that way I will not be in double jeapordy again.
I just wanted to know that in doing this I was free from the seed of bitterness and it has drew me closer to that person in authority and has given me new light. I know sometime that I am not going to agreee with everything that I hear preached over the pulpit and everything that God give me will not be adhered to but I must keep my focus on God and pray and let Him do the work. Because greater is He that is within me that He that is in the world.
Use wisdom and prayer and let God be your guide....
Unles Satan will get and advantage of you because you were ignorant of his devices.
This was the right thing to do am I right?