Return to Website

CBS Radio Mystery Theater Forum

Come in, Welcome! You've found the best place to discuss one of the all-time greatest Radio Shows... The CBS Radio Mystery Theater. Share your trading tips, collection info and web site links. Please enjoy your visit!

CBS Radio Mystery Theater Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buying Episodes

Ive found this web site that sells CDs of old radio episodes. I dont know what they are like, Ive only just placed an order. You probably know about this site already, if you have any bad reports, let me know.
The address is:

http://www.otrtoday.com/

Re: Buying Episodes

I think that people that sell OTR need to get a life. What gives them the right to sell recordings made off the air? Very unimpressive and tacky I say.

My two cents.

Re: Re: Buying Episodes

An example of someone who dosen't "crave" the greatest show ever made. I would blow up the TV in exchange for radio shows! My 3 Cents, Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Buying Episodes

Why not buy them?? The quality is quite good and it beats jumping through hoops for what amounts to the same outcome....get (enjoy) a life; these shows are great and if you can come by them in one fell swoop..go for it!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Buying Episodes

That is just what I did. And, am I ever so happy with them!!! But I also have lods of other shows and enjoy them as well. But nothing is quite so good as listning to E.G. and the shows of CBSRMT!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buying Episodes

I love CBSRMT also.
Another great radio show is the Gunsmoke series. If you can get a hold of some of those they are awesome.

I have a lot of the episodes, maybe 450. I also collect old radio serials like Johnny Dollar, The Shadow and Paul Harvey Rest of the Story..ect
I really like the episodes that still have the CBS News and the commercials in them. My favorite CBSRMT episode that I have heard, is The Master Computer, which I beleive inspired the movie The Sixth Sense! Real creepy and what makes CBSRMT so great!

I ordered all 1500+ episodes from Bookzap.com for $29.99 They are recorded in MP3 format on DVD's. I have made it through the first 11 episodes and they sound great. I thought that this was an unbelieveable deal. it should take about forever to listem to all. They also have every OTR show you can think of available. Each show's entire run are on individual MP3 CD's or DVD's and price out at about $8.99 Best technology since Tivo.

Sorry if I am replying to posts a bit late I am new and just getting involved. It often surprises me how opinionated human beings can really be :) It's never enough to say "well thats just not my thing". Personally I think that if a person is opposed to purchasing otr from another then they probably should not purchase otr :P Thats their view and I respect that. On the other hand, I have collected otr for years now. And frankly it has been a huge pain in the ***! I personally purchased the entire "suspense" and "richard diamond" for about 5 dollars each just last week. Some people may hate the persons who have taken the time to compile these shows and made them so conveniently available to me on dvd's. I on the other hand think these people are terrific. After at LEAST 5 years of scouring file sharing services etc, and getting maybe 5 or 10 percent of the suspense programs. I now have the entire library en route to my house for 5 dollars and a couple bucks shipping. Though some militant individuals are against purchasing/selling of otr in any form. I have never had one of these individuals send me the entire library (shoot rarely can I even get a few episodes) for free. So I will gladly pay for these treasures to have them. If anyone out there wants to prevent me from doing this again I would gladly provide my shipping address so that someone can send me the following program libraries for absolutely nothing. I need the mystery theater library. I have much of it but would love to have the rest for sure. It is one of my favorite shows. I have heard "the whistler" is an excellent program. I'll take that one. Shoot. In fact, I'll take any otr that anyone would like to send me :) So if any of you people out there who are so opposed to us purchasing otr would like to prevent such a despicable deed from occuring again I will gladly take for free what I am paying for :)

Note to fanatics: Please note the smiles and know this message was written with humor in mind :P

Dude.....don't support them. There are MANY reasons as to why not. Come on.. DOn't knock us who feel it is wrong for them to make money off of something that is given for free. Only thing is, if you really want them......search and ask. I am sure someone will help you. Email me and I will send them all to you. ROGNTRUDE@YAHOO.COM......you don't need to use all caps. It won't matter.
Roger