Return to Website

CBS Radio Mystery Theater Forum

Come in, Welcome! You've found the best place to discuss one of the all-time greatest Radio Shows... The CBS Radio Mystery Theater. Share your trading tips, collection info and web site links. Please enjoy your visit!

CBS Radio Mystery Theater Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rambelings

Interesting little group here. I stumbled onto the site by accident. Looking through a few of the posts I see that most people here are trying to collect the shows one at a time. Or maybe a few at a time. I actually purchased over 1000 all at one time. And as I recall, the price was not too steep. They all came on 16 CDs in MP3 format. Unfortunately, one, disk #4 was blank and I did not discover that untill a few months later when I had reached that disk to listen to. I can remember lesting to the shows at 9pm in Hillsboro, Or. in the late 70's. The shows were broadcast on KCBS San Fransisco. I loved them back then and still enjoy them today. Of coarse, I also have thousands of old radio shows going back to the 20's. So, I have a lot of listening to do. Hey, I recall my teachers telling me to "listen". Didn't think it would come in so handy... Bob

Re: Rambelings

Of course, the person that you purchased the programs from was a theif but other than that, enjoy.

Re: Re: Rambelings

Why so bitter about getting a good deal??....hard to understand..

Re: Re: Re: Rambelings

Yes, gee, I might even have been willing to share with him. Guess he must be related to that guy that thinks he owns every single old time radio show ever produced. What was his name now? Remember, he caused such a stir a few years ago?

Re: Re: Re: Rambelings

I'm not knocking a good deal my friend. It is ILLEGAL to sell the programs. So, anyone that sells them is a theif.

If I record TV programs tonight and sell the tapes or DVD's on ebay do you think I can get away with that?

RMT programs can NOT be legally sold. A person selling is a theif.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rambelings

The word is spelled "t-h-I-E-f". Can you get away with selling taped programs on Ebay??....probably..

Has it occured to any of these militant fanatics that while it may not be legal for someone to sell otr, it would be perfectly legal to sell your labor in compiling these sets, your supplies (cd/dvd's) and certainly your shipping. So maybe these people aren't "theifs". Perhaps they are "intelligent innovators" lol.

I have to agree. One other thing to remember. If it were not for people like this that provide these shows at prices that are really just enough to pay expenses these wonderful old shows may not be passed on for future generations. Think of it this way.... the more of these shows that are in circulation, the better chance of survival. And besides, those that are claiming ownership may not actually own them...that is still up for review.

Hello Mr. Amos,

I too am an advid fan of this grand old radio show. Could you provide me with an information as to where I may exchange a few of episodes of Mystery Theatre?

Anthony Morrone
morrone@pbworld.com