Return to Website

CBS Radio Mystery Theater Forum

Come in, Welcome! You've found the best place to discuss one of the all-time greatest Radio Shows... The CBS Radio Mystery Theater. Share your trading tips, collection info and web site links. Please enjoy your visit!

CBS Radio Mystery Theater Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Requesting input on best episodes

I recently purcahsed an MP3 collection containing all the CBS Radio Mystery Theater episodes. I loved these programs as a kid, and now I want to share them with my own children. But there are so many episodes, where do I start? Does anyone out there have an idea as to which episodes are considered the top 100? Surely some are better than others, and perhaps there is a general consensus as to which episodes contain the best writing, effects, suspense, etc.

Re: Requesting input on best episodes

"The Chinaman Button" is the first episode I ever heard when I was a kid, so it's still one of my favorites. I listened to it again recently and it's much like a classic episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents."

"A Coffin for the Devil" is another good one and "The Only Blood" os good.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I recently purcahsed an MP3 collection containing all the CBS Radio Mystery Theater episodes. I loved these programs as a kid, and now I want to share them with my own children. But there are so many episodes, where do I start? Does anyone out there have an idea as to which episodes are considered the top 100? Surely some are better than others, and perhaps there is a general consensus as to which episodes contain the best writing, effects, suspense, etc.

Re: Re: Requesting input on best episodes

I have heard quite a few Mystery Theatre epidsodes, but the one that sticks out in my mind as pure horror was the one titled The Master Computer. It must of been the inspiration for the movie the Sixth Sense. It had the same story but in a slightly diffente format. Check it out, it is really good and quite eerie!

Patrick in CA

I have always loved "The **** Thing", at times funny and scary to.
Randy

I listened to "The Chinaman Button" last night on the Live365 station. I've not heard many, but it's the best that I've heard thus far. The CBSRMT version of "Incident At Owl Creek Bridge" was excellent.

Try out "The Real Printer's Devil", #194, from 8-17-74. Not sure it's for kids though: really creepy.