Return to Website

CBS Radio Mystery Theater Forum

Come in, Welcome! You've found the best place to discuss one of the all-time greatest Radio Shows... The CBS Radio Mystery Theater. Share your trading tips, collection info and web site links. Please enjoy your visit!

CBS Radio Mystery Theater Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Was There A episode That Aired August 20th, 1979 ?

I've been a local radio station producer in a previous profession. In that time, I've acquired pro aufio gear to have my own studio, now as a hobby more then anything.....

Of the many reel to reel tapes I have, I found an old reel that was empty of tape, but had a CBS sticker which says "mystery theater" airdate august 20th, 1979, I've only recently put the series together with what was listed on this reel....

The question....was there a episode that originally aired on this date? of all the mystery theater sites, I can't seem to find a databse covering 1979....

just curious, as I'd like to find out and maybe get a copy of this to transfer onto blank tape to make the reel a bit more authentic.

Re: Was There A episode That Aired August 20th, 1979 ?

The show you are looking for is episode number 1005 and aired on Monday, 8/20/1979. It was titled "Taboo Means Death" and starred Russell Horton, Evie Juster, Earl Hammond and Ian Martin. The story deals with an American fellow who smuggles his college flame, a Samoan princess, out of her homeland in a Cessna 172. Her mother and the island gods are not amused.

Thanks for the info. I also bought some reels from a guy last year mainly for music, but one reel actually has a network feed of "The Doll" on it, I believe with the spots included. I really have to sit down and listen to it. I was brought to be aware of it more so by a friend who said he used to hear the shows on a local radio station up here in Canada, so obviously, internationally, like a lot of american TV/Radio, outside the US, it's sold to local stations/networks in addition to being on CBS stateside.

I should ask, is there anyone out there who has a decent quality copy of "Taboo Means Death" I can trade "The Doll" which I transferred from reel tape which was a network feed I believe....

Hi,
Look, I will give it to you. No need to give me anything in return. I just want you to enjoy it. Isn't it so much fun trying to get all them!!!!!!!!! Just let me know where to send it to and what not. ENJOY iT! and pass it one.