BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Germiston Lake

Hi Charles!

Unfortunately I do not have first-hand info about whether fishing is currently allowed at Germiston Lake. Maybe someone in the vicinity who knows will post a response OR perhaps you could telephone the council (municipality) offices and find out OR just go there and see for yourself ...

Tight Lines, Buddy!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi there ,

I just want to find out about Bass fishing at Germiston Lake ?

What I have heard in the past was that fishing is not allowed , is this true ?

Regards

Charles

Replying to:

Hi Matt!

Most waters around JHB should have Bass, even the Jukskei River and ponds on golf courses (try a Jitterbug at night to find out!).

Other places which have Bass would be Emmarentia Dam, Swartkoppies Dam (Jackson's Drift), Florida Lake and Germiston Lake. The Blaupan (Kempton Park area near an old drive-in theater) also reputedly has Bass.

Perhaps some other visitors to the this Forum would care to share info on Bass fishing spots around JHB?

Also enquire at tackle shops in your area or contact your local Bassmasters fishing club (see www.saangling.com for contact details of Bass clubs).

Do keep us posted on what you find out and how successful you are!

Good fishing to you and thanks for using the Forum!

Replying to:

Hi,

Any help on bass fishing spots in JHB?

Thanks

Matthew