BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
So it worked!

Great news, Patrick! Perhaps you could be a little more specific, telling us exactly what you did and how you detected the bite and hooked the Bass?

We're all ears!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

well, it worked, but only with two dinks, but it was cool catching two bass at once!

Replying to:

This could work, Patrick ... Perhaps even try soaking the swimbait in some scent like Kick'n Bass Shad or Garlic before you put it out. Bass have been known to pick up motionless Berkley Powerworms just lying on the bottom and Mike Long's big Bass over 20lb took a swimbait lying on the bottom after "eyeing" it for about half an hour! So you might just be on to something...

Even if it does not work first time round, keep trying to give this method a decent chance.

Let us know how it goes!

Replying to:

im gonna take a castaic blue shad 6" swimbait and cast it and let it sit on the bottom toll we move. that way, a bass might think its a deads shad and an easy meal, what do you all think?

Re: So it worked!

well i got the idea from mike long. i just tossed out a swimbat, and tightlined it at every spot i anchored down at. and when the wind blew or something moved the boat, i just crawled alog the bottom. my suggestion is just to use a heavily weighted lure. since it was tightlined, i just set it and forget it and put a bell on the end of the rod, so when a fish hit "ring ring ring".

patrick

Replying to:

Great news, Patrick! Perhaps you could be a little more specific, telling us exactly what you did and how you detected the bite and hooked the Bass?

We're all ears!

Replying to:

well, it worked, but only with two dinks, but it was cool catching two bass at once!

Replying to:

This could work, Patrick ... Perhaps even try soaking the swimbait in some scent like Kick'n Bass Shad or Garlic before you put it out. Bass have been known to pick up motionless Berkley Powerworms just lying on the bottom and Mike Long's big Bass over 20lb took a swimbait lying on the bottom after "eyeing" it for about half an hour! So you might just be on to something...

Even if it does not work first time round, keep trying to give this method a decent chance.

Let us know how it goes!

Replying to:

im gonna take a castaic blue shad 6" swimbait and cast it and let it sit on the bottom toll we move. that way, a bass might think its a deads shad and an easy meal, what do you all think?

"Deadsticking" a lure on the bottom ...

as you describe may just become standard procedure on a second rod for "those in the know".

Thanks for sharing this with us and keep us posted, Patrick!

If anyone else tries this, do let us know what your experiences are!

Tight lines!

Replying to:

well i got the idea from mike long. i just tossed out a swimbat, and tightlined it at every spot i anchored down at. and when the wind blew or something moved the boat, i just crawled alog the bottom. my suggestion is just to use a heavily weighted lure. since it was tightlined, i just set it and forget it and put a bell on the end of the rod, so when a fish hit "ring ring ring".

patrick

Replying to:

We're all ears!

Replying to:

Replying to:

Let us know how it goes!

Replying to: