BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Theewaterskloof fishing (or should that be fishless) report

On Sunday me and the boet decided to go Theewaterskloof. The weather was awesome for fishermen but bad news for bass, mid-thirties, mirror smooth surface (Something that you do not see often at Theewaters), with a surface temperature of 80 degrees F.

The water we fished ranged from tea stained with about a meter visibility to murky with 20cm visibility.

We tried fishing in water from 40 to 4 feet with no luck, plastics, spinnerbaits, cranks and jigs - nothing. The fish had a severe case of lockjaw.

Eventually my boet got a take from a dink in some timber on a black and chartreuse lizard but lost it on the jump. Later on he also lost another on a white and silver spinnerbait.

Not to worry though because we're planning a trip to Bulshoek for a week in April. We'll try catch some fat Autumn feeding binge smallies.

Re: Theewaterskloof fishing report

Thanks for the report, Brendan! Even fishless days/ trips are worth reporting. I wish more regulars and visitors to the site would post fishing reports on the Forum!

Let us know what happens at Bulshoek in April ... Perhaps you could do an in-depth report on the dam with photos, maps etc which we could put up on the site? Check out the Theewaterskloof page (link above) for format, sub-headings etc.

Tight Lines!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

On Sunday me and the boet decided to go Theewaterskloof. The weather was awesome for fishermen but bad news for bass, mid-thirties, mirror smooth surface (Something that you do not see often at Theewaters), with a surface temperature of 80 degrees F.

The water we fished ranged from tea stained with about a meter visibility to murky with 20cm visibility.

We tried fishing in water from 40 to 4 feet with no luck, plastics, spinnerbaits, cranks and jigs - nothing. The fish had a severe case of lockjaw.

Eventually my boet got a take from a dink in some timber on a black and chartreuse lizard but lost it on the jump. Later on he also lost another on a white and silver spinnerbait.

Not to worry though because we're planning a trip to Bulshoek for a week in April. We'll try catch some fat Autumn feeding binge smallies.