BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: A rare trophy catch!

I heard that one was caught ice fishing in the middle of the winter. Probably would have been heavier in the Spring and Fall. Freak fish no doubt.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks for tne news and pic, Rick!

All is not lost for the Northern strain - they are perhaps a bit more aggressive than Floridas and with the shorter growing seasons in colder climates the Northerns will live long enough to become really big if Bassers practise "catch and release" and if the Bass have enough to eat. Even Northern strain Bass in cold climates can benefit from stocking trout.

I heard that the Massachusetts State record (most probably pure Northern strain) Bass is over 15 lb! "Put and take" hatchery trout seem to be the key in pushing up the weight of Bass in any waters where trout can survive at least for part of the year ...

Go get a hog!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Here in the states we don't get to many Northern Strain Largemouth that reach the 10 lb. mark. I've attached a link at the top to a 11-02 lb. bass that was caught in Indiana (northern state in U.S.). It's only about 4 hours from me, and gives us folks with only Norhtern strain hope for a huge bass someday. Jacques do you notice any difference in the markings on this fish compaired to your Florida Strain. I think finally can see a some difference.

take care and Good Fishing to ya