BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Elandsjagt Dam - Where da Bass

hi all, myself and some friends are fairly new to the bass fishing arena! But what I would like to know is if there are some of you guys who fish/fished in the elandsjagt dam!

We have been there a couple of times! not too sure where to fish, and what to use! It is a very deep dam! 25m in some places! We saw some guys in a bass boat go straight towards the dam wall the other day! but as yet, we have just been fishing the "hollows", which look perfect 4 bass! could someone please give me some input/insight as to fishing here! thnkz.

Don't know, but ...

... why not try crawling some smallish soft plastics right on the bottom in deeper water - look for timber (wood), rocks or any irregular feature which may or may not be visible above the waterline. The rip-rap in the area of the dam wall can be great to try as well, especially with crankbaits ...

These are just a few standard thoughts as I have never fished or even seen the dam!

Perhaps contacting some bass clubs in the area - look at the www.saangling.com site for details of Bass clubs - may help with info, BUT it seems that many SA Bassers are rather tight-lipped compared to their USA counterparts

and do not like sharing any info .

Let us know when you find what works!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi all, myself and some friends are fairly new to the bass fishing arena! But what I would like to know is if there are some of you guys who fish/fished in the elandsjagt dam!

We have been there a couple of times! not too sure where to fish, and what to use! It is a very deep dam! 25m in some places! We saw some guys in a bass boat go straight towards the dam wall the other day! but as yet, we have just been fishing the "hollows", which look perfect 4 bass! could someone please give me some input/insight as to fishing here! thnkz.