BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Laeveld

Hi Jaques and all other bassers.

Last week I was back in my hometown White River and as always went fishing. I'm happy to report that the bass are still on the bite down there. I caught 14 for the three afternoons we went fishing. The dominant colours for soft plastics was Junebug end watermelon. White spinnerbait also accounted for a couple.

Longmere(Pine lake) and Klip kopje's water levels are extremely low, so I skipped them and fished Witklip and Da Gama. I did hear that the fish were still feeding at Klip kopje.

Hope this helps the bassers planning to fish there.

Regards

Johann

Thanks for the report ...

... Johan!

We really need more Bassers posting regular reports about fishing action.

Even reports of blank or mediocre fishing days can be a help in planning trips or giving some perspective!

It would be great if we could be updated as soon as possible after each fishing trip, no matter if the fishing was successful or not!

Go catch (and release!) a Hawg!

All the best,

Jacques

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Jaques and all other bassers.

Last week I was back in my hometown White River and as always went fishing. I'm happy to report that the bass are still on the bite down there. I caught 14 for the three afternoons we went fishing. The dominant colours for soft plastics was Junebug end watermelon. White spinnerbait also accounted for a couple.

Longmere(Pine lake) and Klip kopje's water levels are extremely low, so I skipped them and fished Witklip and Da Gama. I did hear that the fish were still feeding at Klip kopje.

Hope this helps the bassers planning to fish there.

Regards

Johann