BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trophy bass in Zim

HI all my mane is Michael St.Dare i am 14 years of age i am avade bass angler and hope to carry on in this wonderful sport. I'm writting on how to catch trophy bass in a dam in zimbabwe by the name of mayfair dam(lake cuningham). This is a large dam 100km south of Bulawayo. this dam has monster bass(the record is +- 15lbs) It's just catching them thats the problem.I always try large Zara spooks and the larger senkos(such as 8")plus 1/2 ounce spinnerbaits ,zoom worms (10 1/2") and larger crankbaits but can't pull out those lunkers. I currently use line in the 17-20lb trilene "big game" line for those who have been there u need tough line please if any one can help me i would deeply apreshiate it

thanks

mike St.Dare

Re: Trophy bass in Zim

Hi Michael,

I have never been to Mayfair myself, but found this article which might be of some assistance. Go to the link below.

http://www.outdoorpages.co.za/bassfishing/Articles.asp?ID=75