BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
roodekopjes dam report needed.

Hi Jacques and to all.
I would like to know how if the bass are spawning at roodekopjes and if anybody can provide me with info of their catches,where,when,size spawning / not-spawning...We did rustdewinter dam today,got 3 fish,1.2kg 1.4kg 2.0kg,all released!The water is 15'C in the morning and 20'C at 2 in the afternoon,perhaps a week or so to go.

BIG BASS GREETINGS
Brush Hog.

Re: roodekopjes dam report needed.

I,ve not been to the dam in a while but I think that the dam wall and small bays between 2-6 feet will produce and would not say no to the timber at the far end of the dam.At the dam wall try throwing a caraliona rigged full sized brush hog (I prefer june bug) or maybe I crankbait and fish it slow. the shallow bays I,d use a thumper bladed(colardo blade) spinnerbait in white or chartreuse (the water is quite muddy in these parts). Well I hope a Juniors advice is worth while

Mike St.Dare

Re: Re: roodekopjes dam report needed.

hi mike

Thanx for replying to my request for a report!I did visit the dam the weekend after my request was posted,the whole weekend!We caught 17 the whole weekend,my personal best on a dying flutter boom bang smacked it right on the surface,on a very strange gusty windy day(2.6kg)!!???Full of egg's,I suppose they are spawning right now,yesterday it was full moon!biggest fish for the weekend was 2.8 kg,with rumours of 5kg+ fish!!
Oh the dam is a mere 45% full,good luck to you.

Greetings Brush Hog