BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Injaka Dam info???

hi brush hog havent been to the dam myself but I,ve heard pleaty of info that whats me to visit this dam . they call it the Mteri of South Africa for there is structure everywhere, you have to be carefull for there is still trees sticking out the top at 80 feet deep!.To the fishing ,fish average at around 1.5 to 2 kg and they are everywhere, lures used are usuals flukes in natural colours (watermelon,green pumkin, etc) but they say if you want a serious "kicker" a texas rigged "wild thing" in june bug and also a 1/2 ounce blue and black jig flipped or pitched in deep water will garentee big fish. if you want serious fun use a black buzzbait in the late afternoon BUT USE IT IN WATER THAT IS STAINED AND IS LEAST 7FEET DEEP the fish will come up and hit that "clucking chicken" . accomadation is brillent at chalets,hotel rooms at reasonable prices for the bass fisherman

hope my info helps

always CATCH AND RELEASE

MIKE

Re: Injaka Dam info???

I have fished Injaka dam. It is an amazing dam and you have to park at the water works. Tons of structure but we did not have one bite in 6 hours!!! Was just a bad day