BIG BASS Forum

This Forum or Message Board should be of interest to all Bass anglers, especially those based or fishing in South Africa. Please let's try to keep things polite and orderly whilst sharing Bass fishing information, ideas, experiences and reports which would be of interest or inspiration to others. Questions are most welcome and anyone may post answers or responses. To see your message after you have posted it, just click on the "Refresh" button on your browser. Let's make this Forum work for us!

BIG BASS Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bank angling for Bass

Hi Jacques and All the other bassers!

Sorry for the long time no write, some of us have to work hard to make sure we can fish now and then.

It’s with great pleasure that I would like to inform you and the others of the SA BASS Bank angling “Cast-For-Cash” competitions held once every month. This Sunday will be the fourth in the Gauteng area. I’m glad to report that we’ve had an average of at least 25 active participating anglers at the previous comps. I’ve noticed that there are a lot of people (including you) that do not want to fish competitively on Sundays, and I’m glad to let you know that these comps will be held on Saturdays in the near future!

It seems that we might have opened a can of worms by starting these competitions. My reason for stating that is that there’s a lot of people out there that enjoy bass fishing, but just simply can’t afford, or do not want to own a expensive boat.
I’m very hope full that the competition and the awareness of bank angling will grow in the future. Most of the dams that we fish are private waters located on farms in Gauteng, Mpumalanga and Natal, with future plans for the Cape and Freestate as well.

We are also looking at taking bassers to some of the dams for daytrips. The dams hold good concentrations of Bass, and do not be surprised if we land a couple of lunkers too. Last Friday Danie and I went to such a dam, and I’m happy to report that we caught 50 plus bass for the day. Not big fish, but the quantity was there, and most of them keeper size. I have to add that it’s big fun, it’s very laid back, you fish, enjoy the surroundings and most importantly relax. I have been hunting the little green fish for over 17 years now, and I’m a member of Pretoria Bass Masters and of the SA BASS Society.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any more info on either the comps or the day trips.

May your rods almost break with the meanest, biggest and fattest Bass you ever caught!

Regards
Johann “Vlooi” Reiners
Cell: 0835764265

Re: Bank angling for Bass

Thanks for the info, Johann!

How about an article on this subject for the Website?

I'll be in touch soon - due to pressure of work I have been neglecting the website and this Forum!

All the best,
Jacques

Re: Re: Bank angling for Bass

Hi Jaques,

I will compile an article with the greatest of pleasures as I do think that bank angling for that little green fish is seriously taking off! I will have to start working on it from next week as I'm preoccupied with the upcoming Inanda Classic this coming weekend.

I will mail you the moment I'm finished writing the article.

Good luck and don't work too hard!

Regards
Johann