Geography Site Forum

Welcome to our geography forum. Feel free to post a message, ask a question, or offer an answer to one. It's open to anyone with an interest in geography- so chat away!

Warning I shouldn't have to say it, but any offensive or abusive posts will be removed, and if I deem it necessary the full details will be forwarded to your school, ISP or whomever.

Geography Site Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What am I looking at?

Hi,

In all honesty I love geography, and know absolutely NOTHING about it. But I want to know more, I found you guys. I live in the northwest, near the cascade range. I have come to visit a friend, they live up out of the city of Wenatchee. Out their kitchen window is a breathtaking view, of much of the cascades here in the part of the world. But there is a prominent feature, (in my mind anyways) It looks like a volcano with a pointy protrusion in the center from where I am standing. I decided to go to Google earth and do some looking around. I got a screen shot of the feature and posted it here https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Tq4IKCmB7qQ/UtWDVn_4dWI/AAAAAAAAADQ/8JUrpFtJNyk/w702-h495-no/cannon+mountain.jpg

It is referred to as "cannon mountain". But what I see is so much more then just a mountain, I see a HUGE volcano, cannon mountain being only one of the ragged edges after it blew up. I am a creationist and believe in a world flood. So in this light, what do YOU think this is? Like I said I am new to the field of geography, but to me, this looks to be a unique land formation, and a fairly important phenomena...but again I am not an expert. Please email me or reply here if you want to chat about it. God Bless.

Scott