Return to Website

~Jim Keeling Ministries~ Forums Page

A place for Christians to ask questions which have concerned them about God and the Bible. Please be kind and considerate of others and post with a loving heart.  
Prayer request are welcome! May God Bless your visit...

~Jim Keeling Ministries~ Forums Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How do you know you are saved?

Hi, My name is Jim and I would like to ask you if you know Jesus as your personal saviour. If you have accepted Jesus could you tell me how you know that you are saved. Can you tell me where in the Bible I can find and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am heaven bound

Re: How do you know you are saved?

Hi Jim!

Here are some Scriptures from the Bible which I thought of when I read your question. I know there are many others but these came to mind.

God Bless!

Tammy

In John, Chapter 10: Verse 9: I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John, Chapter 10: Verses 27 - 30 says: My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me; And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

Romans: Chapter 10, Verses 9 - 10: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi, My name is Jim and I would like to ask you if you know Jesus as your personal saviour. If you have accepted Jesus could you tell me how you know that you are saved. Can you tell me where in the Bible I can find and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am heaven bound

Re: Re: How do you know you are saved?

Hi Tammy,

I wish to thank you for your comments and scripture.. That was great and I appreciate your joining in. I thought of a few more scriptures to read. (smile) There are some very meaningful words and i had planned to underline them but couldn't here so I'll just put a ~ infront of them..

John 10: 9- 25, 30

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

[25] Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

[26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

[28] And I ~give~ unto them eternal life; and they shall ~never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and ~no man is able to pluck~ them out of my Father's hand.

[30] I and my Father are one.

Romans 10, 9, 10

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

[10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I John 5: 13, 18

[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may ~know~ that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

[14] And this is the ~confidence~ that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

[15] And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

[16] If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

[17] All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

[18] We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

II Timothy 1; 12

[12] For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am ~persuaded~ that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Psalm 97; 10, 12

[10] Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he ~preserveth the souls of his saints;~ he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

[11] Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

[12] Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Romans 8; 33, 39

[33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

[34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

[35] Who shall ~separate~ us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

[36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

[38] For I am ~persuaded~, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

[39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jude 18, 25

[18] How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

[19] These be they who separate themselves, sensual, ~having not the Spirit.~

[20] But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

[21] Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

[22] And of some have compassion, making a difference:

[23] And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

[24] Now unto him that is able to ~keep you from falling, and to present you faultless~ before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

[25] To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Sure have enjoyed this and praise God for His Goodness and Mercy. But most of all for the shed and Pure Blood of Jesus which has sealed the souls of those who believe.. One sacrifice. The Blood of Jesus was sufficient to keep us saved.. And I for one will not shame Him by asking Him to come again and hang on the cross because of unbelief in the power of His Blood.

Hebrews 6; 4, 6

Ephesians 1; 13

And these you can look up. (smile)

Replying to:

Hi Jim!

Here are some Scriptures from the Bible which I thought of when I read your question. I know there are many others but these came to mind.

God Bless!

Tammy

In John, Chapter 10: Verse 9: I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John, Chapter 10: Verses 27 - 30 says: My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me; And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

Romans: Chapter 10, Verses 9 - 10: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: How do you know you are saved?

I belive in what John 3:16 says
FOr God So Love the World THat He gave HIs Only Begotten Son, THat So Ever Beliveth in Him Should Not Parrish But Have Ever Lasting Life.

thur faith are we saved. and we are in his grace.

Re: Re: How do you know you are saved?

Jim . I have known Jesus 46 years . There is a change in this flesh vessel called a Born Again Experince when Jesus comes in as in John 3 : 5 - 8 , the spirit of man is made new in God by Jesus . It is not denomination it is Jesus Blood by the Spirit of God that creates a BRAND NEW CREATURE!!! Then this life of world ways does not rule us . Yes we have to live here but we make Jesus the King of our life when He comes in . My Pastor use to say "when you are TRULY SAVED you do not hitch your horse to the same old hitching post".