Return to Website

~Jim Keeling Ministries~ Forums Page

A place for Christians to ask questions which have concerned them about God and the Bible. Please be kind and considerate of others and post with a loving heart.  
Prayer request are welcome! May God Bless your visit...

~Jim Keeling Ministries~ Forums Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anagrams

I recently heard about making anagrams out of people's names. Someone told me about it not too long ago. I don't know anything at all about this subject. Can anyone tell me what making anagrams out of people's names is all about? I've heard that some Christians now like to work with anagrams? Just wondering. Thanks!

Re: Anagrams

Hi Tammy, May wait to put a conclusion for awhile but thought it might be interesting to see the dictionary output, etc. on this word...

Anagrams;

n.

A word or phrase formed by reordering the letters of another word or phrase, such as satin to stain.

anagrams (used with a sing. verb) A game in which players form words from a group of randomly picked letters.

Encyclopedia:

anagram [Gr.,=something read backward], rearrangement of the letters of a word or words to make another word or other words. A famous Latin anagram... (showing 151 of 630 characters)

I Have noticed that it has some to do with wizards and astrology... According to the guru online dictionary...

Also it may pertain to coding such as Bible Codes...

Here is a link to check out...

http://www.biblecodedigest.com/

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I recently heard about making anagrams out of people's names. Someone told me about it not too long ago. I don't know anything at all about this subject. Can anyone tell me what making anagrams out of people's names is all about? I've heard that some Christians now like to work with anagrams? Just wondering. Thanks!