Return to Website

~Jim Keeling Ministries~ Forums Page

A place for Christians to ask questions which have concerned them about God and the Bible. Please be kind and considerate of others and post with a loving heart.  
Prayer request are welcome! May God Bless your visit...

~Jim Keeling Ministries~ Forums Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Testimony

As promised..here is my testimony.. You will have to put it where you want others to see...ok...You post it please
Jesus Is My Rock....

I am an only child..My mom dedicated me to Jesus when I was a baby... I accepted Jesus as My Saviour when I was 12..baptised in a Mountain creek... married a tall handsome 18 yr...He, I and another couple formed a Gospel Quartet..our Saturday nights were spent at Country Churches singing praises to Jesus..with Sundays being church ..both services..& wed night prayer meetings...

In 1968 my "world" crumbled..He walked off with my 16 yr. first cousin....leaving me, our 2 sons age 6 & 14 months with my parents...

I changed jobs for "better pay" in'73..

in'74 I started riding to work with my dad..we would go pay George {Dickel} a visit on our way home ...I started bowling on Tuesday nights with factory league & often took Jack {Daniels} or George{Dickel} with me..then partying at a friends home on Wed night...VFW on Thurdsday-Friday night- - drinking with friends then the dance on Sat night....with a-get-me sobered up" drink on Sunday afternoon so back to work come Monday... Re-married in '79..he lived 8 mo before passing away at age 44 {pneumonia -went to blood stream-went into coma for 8 days--passed away July 8th 1980...{don't know if he sought God or not} I went to Mom's....{My oldest graduated hight-school-1980..}

The drinking ,partying, wild living continued ...I don't know when I became an alcoholic..I couldn't go to work without "several drinks under my belt...I got paid on Friday by Monday I would be broke..spending all on booze, other buddies,etc...borrow money til payday for more booze...

after recieving my 3rd DUI, being broke financially, about to lose my job..very run down physically...

I asked God for forgivness...and to HELP me for I couldn't help myself..GOD took away the desire for alcohol, He forgave me & washed away all that trash from my life... God has wonderfully blessed my life....I have been sober since May 15,1983...21yrs & 6 months..Praise God... Jesus is in the saving business no matter how low or high you are ..He will do the same for you if you will only ask & believe in hHim ..He will set you free... God Bless you..Hope to see you in Heaven... Love, Barbara_Kydd@hotmail.com

Re: My Testimony

Well Glory!
I wish to thank Barbara for sharing this great testimony with me and I just had to share it with you all. I believe others will be touched by Barbara's testimony of being blessed of God and His mercy in keeping her sober for the last 21 1/2 years...
I praise God for you my little sister and pray God's blessing on you always,
Jim

Re: Re: My Testimony

We are serving the Lord in south Asia, while stationed in Pakistan, which is 96% moslem.
Please pray for us.
Blessings

Altaf

ps. Our webpage is down for a while but our webmaster informed that will be up again in few days.
Please do visit.

Hi i could use a prayer i recently had my teeth extracted and i am having a difficult time dealing with the pain. so could you say a prayeer for me thanks Kathy

A beautiful testimony. God is Great. So many times have I ask forgiveness for my wayward ways and I have felt comfort as I know he answers prayers.
May God Bless You.
Mac

Praise God Barbara for your Testimony. I know even as Christians, we go thru the bad times, and the Good. Glad to hear you share your story. We have a lot in common, as I was raised in a Church, but from an Abusive home at that... So I chose the wrong men for a couple of yrs. in and out of Church, and then Alcohol became my best friend too.

21 yrs. of Sobriety? Congratulations. I have 8 yrs. 4 months, and 12 days, as I write this... and God willing I will never turn back to that lifestyle.

~~TINA~~

I pray All Mother's, And Fathers Will Learn To Love There Childrens.

I pray All Mother's, And Fathers Will Learn To Love There Children. Pray For There Children, Teach Children Right from Wrong. Teach Children About God.
Pray For Street Bully's
I pray All Mother's, And Fathers Will Learn To Teach Children Right from Wrong. Teach Children About God.
"Children's children are the crown of old men, and the glory of children is their father." (Proverbs 17:7).
And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, EPH 6:4.
THAT our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace." Psalm 144:12.

Re: Re: My Testimony

Hi Barbara,
I just read your testimony. I was really touched. And Thank God you rededicated your life back to Christ. And thank you for sharing it with all of us.
God Bless you and keep you in His Loving Care.
Dixie

Hi Barbara..I have read your mailings so many times but never realized how alike our testimonies are!
Praise our Saviour Jesus from saving us from Satans
evil plans for our lives! God bless!

Dear Barbara: I don't know where you got my email address. I hear from some Barbaras but not sure if you are one of them.

I am glad you are back with the Lord and clean. Have a son who is alcohol/drug addicted but finally at age 48, he is clean and has been off drugs for about 12 years and alcohol for a year, stopped smoking cigarettes too. Is still not back in church since he feels they didn't treat him right. One church saved his life and gave him a place to live in the sanctuary until he was caught drinking in there!!! He is diabetic and has lost part of a finger and his feet aren't too good but he holds a job; has an older man who is his mentor; don't know what will happen if that man dies as he keeps my son in a job.

Although I rejoice at the fact that God brings people "out of these things".......on the other hand we get no testimonies from people who have obeyed the Lord to "flee" these things. I don't hear many testimonies about folks who have stayed faithful to the Lord against all odds and suffered because of it. They have run the other way!! Let's hear some testimonies from those who have not caused pain for others and gone astray.....mercy, that takes a lot of mercy and grace and should be recognized!!!

This does not take away from your wonderful deliverance by the Lord but my thoughts and the thoughts of many others who have "abstained."

Love in the Savior
Nell (Nellie)