20th Engineer Brigade Reunion Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

20th Engineer Brigade Reunion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
510th Engineer Detachment

I was assigned to the 510th Engineer Detachment, 159th Engineer Group, 20th Engineer Brigade. We were based out Can Tho, in VI Corp. Our sister unit was the 213th Engineer Detachment. I have looked everywhere for any information on this unit to no avail. There were only about ten of us in the unit. We did projects in Can Tho, Vinh Long, Soc Trang, Ca Mau, Binh Tuey, Bac Lieu and Special Forces A-Team sites Cai-Cai and Moc Hoa. Any help with any information would be greatly appreciated. I have many photos.

Re: 510th Engineer Detachment

I am Tom Farris Chief Master Sergeant (USAF,Ret.), my Uncle served on the 510th in Nam while I was at Tan Son Nhut, Ben Hoa, and Long Binh area. Being there together was good and we saw each other several time. I went to Soc Trang for a week to stay with him and flew down and back on the old Carabu A/C. He was the installation Engineer at Soc Trang and he also served at Can Tho for a while.

Please contact him as he is always glad to discover fellow soldiers and engineers.
You can contact him at:

James Blackburn (Former Capt.) 256-244-4476
Section, Alabama

e-mail: Jamesblackburn@centurytel.net

Hope you get together soon and have a blessed day.

Best Regards to a fellow VET!

Tom

Re: 510th Engineer Detachment

Michael-I was the Soc Trang Installation Engineer and also the commanding officer of the 510th on my second tour. You are on the copy of the unit's roster in December 1969. I remember running convoys to remote locations in the delta to repair damaged facilities from mortar attacks. I would like to talk with you and see some of your photos, as I did not take time to get very many pictures. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
James