Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is there a cat aura that some people have?

I am a paramedical examiner and I set appointments with people at their homes which allows me to meet alot of pets in their own homes. I have found that almost all the cats I meet and quite a few of the dogs greet me as if they know me. My grandfather had been a farmer and he spoiled and made a pet out of every animal he knew. Including cows, horses, black Angus bulls, dogs and cats. Is their a special aura that I could have inherited from him. I consider myself a cat only person so I can see why cats love me but the dogs are a mystery to me.
I also have found that I talk to cats on their level. My Tabby, Mittens, talks to me all the time and I know what she is talking about but I am not sure how I know. I can look at Mittens sometimes and know what she is thinking. My son thinks I make this stuff up, he is a synical 14 year old, but he does the samething without knowing it. I will hear Mitten talking to him and will ask him what she said and he will tell me. How can we do this. I also feel that I have never met a cat I did not know. I walked into a friends mothers home once and her cat, Twit, came running up to me like I was someone she knew. She had questions in her eyes. I just want to understand what it is about me that the cats know that I don't.