Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ragdoll kitten problems- please help

I just adopted a 6 week old ragdoll kitten. He seems to be adjusting well except for a few things and I wasn't sure who I could get help from. He doesn't want to always use the kitty litter box. Because of this I have to keep him in the bathroom when I'm not home. However the bathroom is very large especially considering how small he is. When he is in the baththroom he uses the kitty box. However when I let him out, he goes straight to the living room and within minutes tries to go on the carpet. I thought the walk was too much for his little legs so I put another kitty box in the living room. He went right to this the first two times he had to go. Now he continues to find a place on the carpet. I watch him closely and when he starts to make his move, I pick him up and put him in the kitty box where he then goes. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm not sure why he doesn't go to the litter box immediately. Also, is it true that you shouldn't use clumping kitty litter with little kittens?

The second thing is he is very noisy! He meows all the time and everything I've read has indicated that they are quiet cats. I just want to make sure he's ok.

I also read that you can train ragdolls. I read that the best way to do this is when they do something good, to give them a lot of loving. I've done this when he has used the kitty box but it doesn't seem to work. I didn't know if there was any other way to reward him when he did something good. I've only had him a week but I know the first 12 weeks are crucial to his development and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tara